Marinus

People commenting on my diet

7 posts in this topic

So since four years now my habits of eating healthy have grown a lot, since 2 years it's so easy for me that I don't pay any attention to for example the cookie department in a supermarket. In my opinion this is next to meditation my greatest habit and my strongest.

In my process I have met people and many of them don't mind what I eat, but there are also people that do. I don't eat land animals and I only eat sea food outdoors or at my mom's place (which is like 2 times a month or even less). This is often a topic people bring up and my family doesn't understand why I eat seafood (it's because of fats and it makes my social interactions easier). My step dad and mother try to influence me and demotivate me with eating vegetarian. People label me as such which annoys me. Besides family, people I hardly know or whom I only get to see for a couple of weeks in my life or parents from friends  try to get me to eat meat. I learned about homeostasis and this was definitely the case with my father.

I want to know why those acquaintances do this.

Also for people that try to change their diet, there are many supportive people I encountered that get inspired by my diet and without even trying they get influenced and tart to eat healthier. So don't get discouraged by this post!!!

I think it is an instinct level thing. Eating is a very fundamental creature thing. Try changing how you look, like your hair or clothes or something like that and watch how they react. Is it silly? yeah. But that is just how it goes. 

The kingdom of heaven is within.

The Truth requires change and change disturbs those living in Illusion because it defies their whole life and understanding. If they were at peace, they wouldn't care what you eat or how you live, they would be non-judgemental and unconditionally supportive. I am mostly vegan myself but i am more health conscious so i do still consume raw honey and some extremely longevity promoting foods that are not 100% strict vegan but almost all of my friends and family still eat meat and animals and junk food, i never judge them or try to convince them because this is not being a good example of a human, not being a good example of buddha-nature, not being a good example of unconditional love, acceptance ect..

Of course i plant seeds and supply what is needed and what is obvious when i see potential for growth but when i observe they are not ready, i do not bother because they must grow and evolve in their own pace.

Keep close to Spirit @marinus and the more in-tune you are with yourself spiritually the less anything outside of self can penetrate your field/state of being. Find your peace and everything else will naturally fall into place.

B R E A T H E

I agree with @Colin's post. People will react, judge, and label most everything/everyone. It's better to live the life we want than conform to someone else's ideas or expectation of us. 

Just today I was asked what I eat for protein. It will be nice when society no longer thinks of protein as the most important thing to put in our bodies. My response was the standard: legumes, nuts, seeds, vegetables and most people are getting much more protein than they need each day. Then I was asked which vegetables have the highest amount of protein... I wasn't ready for that, so I had to study up!

By the way, the Beyond Burger tastes just like a real burger. It's juicy and cooks the same (in case anyone's interested in the vegan 'replacement' foods).

Even as a man with only a moderately healthy vegetarian diet I know the struggle. I feel that it would be ideal to eat only high quality meal. But you gotta be social, aren't ya? I'm the only vegetarian in my family. Only my uncle eats vegetarian because of health issues. Everyone asked questions like

"Do you wanna save the animals?"
"Do ya think you're better than us?"

At first I thought they would be interested and told them what I researched. Turned out they just wanted to make quokes because don't you know that vegetarians are weirdos? In my family are persons that are literally told, that they'll die due to eating to much fat and sugar. Don't think they would change their ways^^

What I did? I just keept it on the same level. Made a much stupider joke on them. And again. And again. Don't take their shit to seriously. Chances are they take their shit not seriously as well but want to make fun.
This was years ago. Nobody has a problem with my diet now. They accepted it. Long story short: Don't take it personal, because they don't know what they do, but if they annoy you, be double annoying (in a funny way). Sad but true, but sometimes you can solve problems only on the same level they were created

Edited by supremeyingyang

18 hours ago, Marinus said:

@supremeyingyang thx. I like that statement of yours. 

I mean it really in a realistic and positive way, not at all bitter. Sometimes I laugh about how absurd things can be;)