Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Turcot

"I" is a PARADOX and it's the fundamental Truth.

10 posts in this topic

The true nature of reality, which is "I" is a paradox like this:

INFINITY is NECESSARY, but it's IMPOSSIBLE at the same time.

I think that "I" is the only thing that exists. Anyone has ever experienced something else than that?

When I look at myself and at the physical world around, I see that I am this paradox. Repulsion and attraction at the same time, FEAR and LOVE at the same time. Just like the two poles of a magnet.

Those are just thoughts...

Paradox is what happens when the finite mind tries to model the infinite universe.

When you are awake, there is no paradox. It just is and it makes perfect sense. But not to the mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Paradox is what happens when the finite mind tries to model the infinite universe.

When you are awake, there is no paradox. It just is and it makes perfect sense. But not to the mind.

All right I'll meditate on that.

What is the mind?

And what is a paradox?

What does it mean to be awake?

I think when we try to discuss those kind of subjects, we should take a few hours just to define words to make sure we have the same definitions of what we mean by those words. I find it very difficult and almost impossible to really discuss about the nature of reality cause it cannot be defined nor understood with words and that nobody has the same exact definition of the words used when trying to describe the universe. I'll try to look back at your videos revisiting what definitions you use.

Thanks man!

@David Turcot Yes, it can be tricky to discuss these things.

But then again, I'm using standard terms here.

If "awake" is unclear to you, that's because you've never experienced awakening (enlightenment). It's very clear once you do.

Mind is bit trickier to define, but in this context it means: all the thinking you're doing to try to make sense of reality. The entire domain of concepts.

Paradox is pretty easy to define: a contradiction due to a self-reference. For example: "Everything I say is a lie."

@Leo Gura Took me a minute or two to understand how "Everything i say is a lie" is a paradox.

I get it now, it's a very good one I'll try to remember it :)

Would Energy/Matter exists without the mind creating this paradox?

I don't think so, if something makes 100% sense, no need to be any energy, time and space would disappear, so consciousness would also disappear. Nothingness would be.

So when you say you become god when you are on a 5-MEO-DMT trip, I'm not sure I get you. In my mind, If you were truly god, you would not be aware of anything, there would not be any "observer" with his limited perspective to observe anything and report the trip to us later on. No?

I think the closer to god you are is when you sleep without a dream, that's true death, true enlightenment if I can say.

But you are right, I've got to experience awakening to know what it is.

41 minutes ago, David Turcot said:

But you are right, I've got to experience awakening to know what it is.

:)Or perhaps end the veil of experience, which is not bound by “knowing”, that which is finite-limited. 

Edited by Faceless

8 hours ago, David Turcot said:

So when you say you become god when you are on a 5-MEO-DMT trip, I'm not sure I get you. In my mind, If you were truly god, you would not be aware of anything, there would not be any "observer" with his limited perspective to observe anything and report the trip to us later on. No?

God is Nothingness.

But what you're missing is that Nothingness is identical to Somethingness.

Thus, everything you see before your eyes right now is God. Somethingness = Nothingness. God = Everything.

This is the essence of nonduality. All distinctions collapse such that everything becomes Nothingness. Nothingness is NOT a blank void. Nothingness is precisely everything you see around you.

You are holding Nothing as distinct from Something. Which is a duality. When that duality finally collapses, you will realize, "Oh shit! Everything was Nothing the whole time! There is no difference between existence and non-existence, life and death, reality and fantasy."

@Leo Gura@Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Thus, everything you see before your eyes right now is God. Somethingness = Nothingness. God = Everything.

I thought that everythingness = Nothingness. But something is just one perspective out of an infinity of perspectives right?

I don't see God, I see a part of god. I see a part of who I am when I see a personal universe.

If I would see god, I would see everything at the same time, which is the same as seing nothing at all. So if I experience something, I see only a part of the whole (I see something which is not nothing, which is not everything, which is not god) and I don't see how I could become Everything or "seeing" everything other than if my conscience disappears.

From what I believe right now is that the only time I'm NON-DUAL is when I sleep without a dream. I will never be able to attain non-duality as a conscious human being, there will always be some sort of division, that's the job of my conscience to create division.

I'll meditate on this and try 5-MEO-DMT if I manage to find some, not this easy to find!

Have a good night man.

Edited by David Turcot

@David Turcot The nature of infinity is that the whole is the part and the part is the whole.

What you believe is false.

If Truth would only be present in deep sleep, it would not be Truth, it would be contingent. The whole point of Truth is that it's ALWAYS the case.

Stop arguing and open your mind to the guidance being given you. This is not a point of debate or uncertainty. You are simply mistaken.

The present moment is always true.

You may also keep your mind open.