electroBeam

How To Make A Flexible Plan

7 posts in this topic

what is a good layout or structure you can use to set a flexible plan? What happens when your steps you have implemented dont actually achieve the goal you wanted? How do you go about changing your plan after you realize it doesnt work?

So I have a goal, and a set of steps on how im going to make that goal happen, but after a while, sometimes the goal I have set for myself doesnt actually happen, and I need to change my steps. Unfortunately I do not know how I should change my steps, or what steps to change it to. Also the format of my plan is very rigid, and changing it is a pain.

for example lets say your goal is to be more confident around girls. Lets say the steps you have chosen to achieve this is to do some visualizations in the morning, go try out techniques you read in a PUA book, etc.

After a month, you realize that the visualizations and PUA techniques havent made you any more confident. What should you do? How do you figure out why it hasnt made you confident? How do you why visualizations havent helped you achieve the goal you made, even if you applied it exactly how the self help material told you to? What do you do next to determine what different step you should take to make the plan better?

But even before that, how do you make a plan(or goal) that takes into account that your steps may not work? How do you add improvisation into your plan? What layout allows you to do this.

Recently I watched Leos video on strategy and wondered how improvisation can be implemented into a plan. I only know how to add concrete steps int my plan. 

Hmmm... lets go in an ordered way.. I've found that setting goals isn't the thing for me, because if you think about it that goal will limit you, maybe you can do better. The main issue here is how bad do you want it, in the example you used... how badly do you want to be more confident. From there you will come a lot of 'whys' so to speak, those are your reasons. From there you need some guide, what would you do to improve that confidence that you think will work with you specially. Finally the last step is taking action, I personally don't like rigid plans that tell when to do something and so on. Sometimes throughout my day I feel like working out then thats the time to go, sometimes I feel like studying, sometimes I feel like I want to do some personal development. Follow that intuition throughout your day but don't let it slide, I have some things that I have committed to do every day. 

I think the main issue is impatience and not enjoying the process of practice. Before you master any field like confidence you will struggle and it will take some time before you see results, just be more perseverant :)

I hope I helped, if you want to know more about how I approach anything new I want to master do tell me. Good luck in any case!

the thing about visualization, I find the real key to it is getting the feelings from the situation. I maybe you are. But for you, when you visualize, are you really thinking about the feelings involved with being confident with the situation you're visualizing? Also, another important step to visualization is the actual practice. Are you going out? Are you giving yourself affirmations throughout the day ("I am confident, "I love myself" etc)?

I guess setting up plans works different for everyone. 

I always have kind of a structure for every day, because it somehow happens naturally. It also depends on the circumstances. For example my boyfriend is really spontaneous. I'm always prepared to be spontaneous too, but I also make sure I don't neglet my main tasks for the day. 

Setting priorities is the key word here. 

Are your plans realistic? And for your example maybe your plan is not structured enough. Such things take a lot of time and it especially has to be flexible. Your circumstances change, you change, nothing stands still. 

Always prepare to have a plan b, c or even d. ;)

Doing just what you are doing, asking for council...

Sometimes patience is a virtue. Some things take months if not years to improve on. Think body builder... it would take years for you to get the body to get how you want it.

One should institute the policy of "Changing what doesn't work".

Also sometimes it helps to work in sequence. You will have difficulty implementing seduction techniques if you have trouble having a conversation with a woman. So you have to have a strong ability to talk to a woman before these techniques are going to be good for you. So set a daily goal to simply converse with 3 women (or more) for 5 minutes or less.  When you feel naturally comfortable talking to a woman then you can try practicing one of our techniques until it is natural for you.

Planning is a skill on its own, and it takes practice and dedication to develop it. Thus if your plan is rigid, you should revise your method of making plans. Nothing is sacred, if it doesn't work change it.  Here is an example of a format I use:

I. Goal

To be confident around women

II.  Why-

so they will date me

III. Policy/guidelines-

• Change what doesn't work
  • Hold myself accountable an perform tasks every day that will forward my goal.
  • Maintain a journal to observe and track my success and failures
  • Add more guidelines as needed

IV. Plans-

• Feel confident around women
  • Be able to talk freely with women
  • Improve my appearance to be more attractive to women.

V. Programs-

1. Feeling more confident around women.

•  Institute confidence building exercises.
  • Visualize being confident and carefree around women.
  • Continually practice getting out of my comfort zone

2. Talk freely around women

• Practice simply talking to them.
  • Improve my ability to make them laugh
  • implement pua strategies in the midst of conversations

3. Improve Appearance

• Go to the Gym to look better.
  • Implement a diet plan to improve my energy
  • Procure attractive clothes and make adjustments on my body to increase appearance.

Projects-

(here you would institute specific steps to achieve all of the points listed above) I will just just do one target.

2. Practicing talking freely to women

a.  Talk to  a min of 3 women every day, with the intention of just having a conversation, no seduction just conversation.

b. Talk to women you are not interested in such as elderly ladies just to have a conversation.

c. Talk to baristas, employees, etc.

•  Making women Laugh

a. practice being funny by following leo's advice on  his video.

b. Write funny stories, write jokes.

c. practice making your make friends laugh as much as possible.

•  Implementing Pua techniques ( here I will leave it to you, I don't know a damn about pua)

VI. Demands

These are a daily checklist and specific plan for that day, week. I am getting lazy but it is just more specific tasks of what I wrote above

VII Stats

These are records of your progress... graphs, ratings, etc

Yeah, I got really lazy toward the end.... But I think you get the idea, just make adaptations. One of these days I may upload one of my personal plans. Hope that helps.

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

@electroBeam Hey Electro, visualization wouldn't be a first step to resolve issue you gave in example. You'd need to identify what type of blockage you have which stops you to be confident around girls. The easiest way is to identify if it's relevant to all girls, girls you like and basically find what's the nature of this. You're probably confident if that would be your sister or closest relative, right? So in the end of analysis you'd understand it's  something to do with the view on how you look at one of your characteristics like look, sexuality or you had some bad experiences before which needs to be released and let go. There are many technics for that but first you need to identify what exactly it's.

Once you identify find technics and apply and after that go to practice and just look into it as a game where Simon says...get friendly with a girl in the bar or in library or in the store...whatever makes you mind more attractive to play with...