Lorcan

How do I prevent kidney stone disease?

4 posts in this topic

My farther's side of the family suffer from kidney stone disease. My mother's side does not.My farther has kidney stones, and the farther of my farther had kidney stones, so did his wife. (The farther of my farther)

Is there anyone here who has this condition? I would like to know how you manage it.

What are the chances I have inherited the disease? If I have it, what should I be doing to prevent it. It seems you can have surgery to have them removed, but this does not rid of ones tendency to form the stones. The cure is in the prevention.

Would it be a good idea to see a doctor to verify if I have the disease or not? I do not want to end up like my parent. He often complains about the pain. That he dreams of pain and it never goes away. He reports it being worse on some-days then others. Sometimes I feel something in one of the areas where kidney stone pain is reported to occur. In the lower left abdomen. It is not painful.

I have read the Wikipedia page on kidney stones. I want to see if anyone has experience with the condition and can give some advice. 

Thank you.

I am no expert on this so i might be wrong but i think this might be good to look into even if its for cancer. One of the ideas that may be relevant is the idea of genes vs habits. It may be a better idea to look for professional help on this as we are all pretty much just normal people with no education on this. 

Yes, it is possible that your kidneys will genetically be weakened and more prone to calculi formation perhaps due to renal pelvis being thinner just generally compromised nephron function. 

Few tips that may perhaps help you. Not an expert here so take this information with a healthy dose of scepticism:

* You may want to stay away from high protein diets and concentrated protein supplements. These trigger urea formation and can be a cause of renal stones as well as gout flare-ups. 
* make sure you are always well hydrated to ensure a steady flow of fluids and no sedimentation
* stay away from calcium supplements and preferably get your calcium from plant sources. 
* look into high-oxalate foods as these seem to contribute to oxalate stones and maybe don't overeat on them
* consume a lot of fruits as these promote renal filtration

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

When the dormant does not know to use his/her own sexuality and has no clue about in-jack, then the body starts to calcify in many many ways. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.