pierce_the_heavens

Does Everything Happen For A Reason?

4 posts in this topic

I think there’s certainly a long chain of cause and effect, and that everything is happening for some reason in the chain. Both in the universe and in your life. A lot of times, when trying to make sense of certain events it can seem quite senseless. That’s because some events aren’t directly related to you. This meaning that something else is the primary cause or effect, and you just ended up in it. The assumption that everything happens for you or because of you, will make things that don’t seem senseless. Sometimes causes are so far removed from effects that you couldn’t see the connection. 

Btw I mean cause and effect in a spiritual sense not merely physical.

Thoughts? Questions?

@pierce_the_heavens There are appearances. Adding a reasons to an appearance is just another appearance. 

I wonder if there is a reason humans want to attribute reasons to appearances.

8 hours ago, pierce_the_heavens said:

I think there’s certainly a long chain of cause and effect, and that everything is happening for some reason in the chain.

Two things can happen together although they are not related as cause and effect. For example if somebody is singing a beautiful song, some cord in your heart is touched, but it is not inevitable, it is not cause and effect - it may happen, it may not happen; it may happen to a few people, it may not happen to a few others. It may happen to you one day, it may not happen to you another day.