Viking

can the wim hof method bring about enlightenment experiences?

4 posts in this topic

has anyone taken his courses or done his method for a long period of time?

Leo mentioned him in the turquoise video so I decided to give him a look.

I tried some 15 min session with 2 breath holds and i was amazed that i can actually be ok with no air in my lungs, I held my breath for 3 minutes I think. Also when I took the air in and made pressure in my head I felt some stuff like during the kriya practice, almost orgasmic-like explosion sensation in the head for a split second. I wondered if this could bring about samadhi states or elevate my awareness, like a short-cut kriya practice.

My memory of those 15 minutes is almost gone and the time flew by so fast. I was really present when finished the breathing and had strange sounds in my ears.

Wim Hof is an EGO Enlightened, has nothing to do with Enlightenment. 

I can beat his records with my own techniques that are opposite to his, but why? I don't have any interest in such. I'm just pointing flaws for no reason. 

Edited by Quanty

@Viking I'm not an expert on his methods, but I could see the breathing techniques of Wim Hof being beneficial for a couple reasons. First, you are practicing conscious breathing and clearly taking in more oxygen into your circulation than you would when your breathing is occurring subconsciously. A lot of us are on autopilot with terribly shallow breaths, so I could see how this part would make a difference.

Another way I see it being beneficial is that you may are clearly directing your energy in certain areas of your body, so this could release blockages of some sort. It's tough to say how it would help your self-development.

Overall, I think it's another one of those tools you find along the path that could benefit you, but isn't the end-all, be-all solution to all your problems. The philosophy of Wim Hoff is kind of interesting though, especially how he alludes to the fact that we as humans keep shielding ourselves from the environment in so many ways (adjusting thermostat in the home, bundling up, etc), and it causes our body's regulating and adaptive functions start to atrophy. I think there may something to that.

Edited by Freethinking Guru

@Quanty "I can beat his records with my own techniques that are opposite to his"

isn't that contradicting your initial comment on Wim Hof?

B R E A T H E