youngshinzen

Rituals before meditation?

7 posts in this topic

Hey,

after 1,5y of meditation I noticed that my regular 1 hour sits became a routine without deep states of consciousness. So I use Leo‘s „Next Level“ Guided Meditation again and surrender, while sitting comfortably on my couch. In his guided meditation he emphasizes that „this is something different“ than meditation, which makes me more present and alert.

If I don‘t use his guided meditation, what affirmations/rituals/etc. can I use to make every sit feel fresh?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by youngshinzen
Misleading info about workout is deleted, focus is on affirmations and mantras to become aware that every sit is a new „chance“.

Tap into Kundalini with the Breath to have the real deal, the real Meditation. It will be more intense than powerlifting, physically speaking, challenging. 

Edited by Quanty

@youngshinzen There is good science behind meditation post workout

https://bebrainfit.com/mental-health-benefits-exercise/

lately, I have been focusing less on following programs and directions and more on making my own mind up. So even if you may not find a meditation teacher that tells you to meditate post work out, you can use your science-backed knowledge of the human body to make your own mind up that it is a good idea.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Ha, love your screen name.

Have you done strong determination sits? Set your alarm for 2am and do a sit? Those are a couple Shinzen-approved ways to pep up your practice.  :D

@ColinThanks!

@PsiloPutty Sometimes I do SDS‘s, but often I‘m not motivated enough to be 100% still. It‘s more like 90%, but that‘s not SDS. But I‘ll focus on trying it more often again?? 

Waking up in the middle of the night sounds like a fun idea? I‘ll keep that in mind, thanks!

Yeah, your brain waves are different at that time of day, and I find that they're some of my deepest meditations. Another cool thing is that it only takes me a minute or so to really get quieted down and on my breath at that hour. It's like my brain is already in a meditative state.