Till

Anyone does watch tennis from a spiritual perspective?

5 posts in this topic

I learn a lot by doing so. The top male players (Nadal, Federer, Djokovic) all have well developed stoic attitudes. 

In the end it is all mentally. Quite interesting how those players deal with their emotions. All of them established certain rituals. Most people think this is just some kind of superstition, but those are well designed to stay focused and dealing with their emotions. 

Besides that Djokovic calls Eckhart Tolle's "Power of Now" one of his favorite books. He is been criticised for working with a "spiritual guru", especially because since he does work with him, he is not that successful anymore but he kept him. Now he is again back pretty well.

Anyone else thoughts on that?  

Edited by Till

I observed myselfs attitude towards watching those matches. In the past I favoured one player and it was a kind of thrill. Now I can just purely pay attention. 

It reminds me of our psyche in general. We tend to have reality happen in a specific way instead of just flowing with what is.

It is so much more joyful to watch it now then it was in the past for me. If my player won there was a certain kind of arrogance in myself. If otherwise there always was some tension in every cell and thought of my body. 

I was never some kind of hardcore addict concerning this but it was very subtle. 

Edited by Till

Yesterday's match was unheard off... It teaches that you should never surrender even when injured or having cramps. . . (Especially on Anderson's side)