CreamCat

What practices should I focus on if I just want to improve my career for some years?

6 posts in this topic

It seems I need to focus on improving my career first before taking self actualization seriously.

Currently, I have difficulty with focusing on a single task at a time. I suffer from procrastination.

I thought I was balanced and could focus well, but I was thrown off balance by advanced self actualization materials. I am now easily distracted. It's difficult to get back on track.

Shall I just practice meditation and doing nothing for a while? What other techniques should I practice?

Edited by CreamCat

Usually I have noticed people procrastinate because there is cloudiness in their mind somewhere. Direct sunlight into those areas to clear the skies so to speak. Is there unhappiness or a grudge you are holding back? Do some contemplation, try to see what you are thinking about when you procrastinate. Once you have a clear mind, and no resistance, you can multitask and fully commit to anything 100%. Good luck! 

19 minutes ago, sky_dreamer said:

Once you have a clear mind, and no resistance, you can multitask

I don't want to multitask, most of the time. I usually want to focus on one thing at a time.

Success in business is one of the most addictive things you can face. So the approach of first making lots of money then personal development is not really beneficial for your life at all.

Besides that raising your consciousness can be a huge advantage when doing business. You see opportunities that others overlook, your focus becomes better, ability to deal with customers will benefit and more ....

Install a 10 minute meditation practice everyday, improve your diet step by step and regularly do some sports. This will improve your business as well as your quality of life at the same time. 

Edited by Till

Related to career I recommend checking out scotthyoung. The best way to improve your career is to get good at rarer and valuable skills.

related to concentration it may just be a matter of practice and do it without distractions.

alternative look up cal newport he have good advice on procrastination in how to become a straigt a student and maybe look up something called loss aversion. It's the idea that we are more motivated if there is a consequence. You could for example say you owe someone a specific amount of money if you don't finish the task.

i think the best way to solve a problem is to be as direct as possible (or at the root cause) otherwise it may not have the effect you are after.

@  sky_dreamer it doesn't matter the brain can't multitask according to science only switch task quickly. Task can be automatic but it can't multitask. It's also more effective to single task.

Edited by BjarkeT

10 hours ago, Till said:

Success in business is one of the most addictive things you can face. So the approach of first making lots of money then personal development is not really beneficial for your life at all.

Besides that raising your consciousness can be a huge advantage when doing business. You see opportunities that others overlook, your focus becomes better, ability to deal with customers will benefit and more ....

Install a 10 minute meditation practice everyday, improve your diet step by step and regularly do some sports. This will improve your business as well as your quality of life at the same time. 

I already meditate for 10 minutes before I start working. My diet is already very good. I'm fit. But, I want to add some bodybuilding to my daily routine because I am a lean guy. I do a bit of calisthenics and stretching between work sessions. 10 minute meditation is not enough. I am trying to install a habit of meditating 20 minutes after I finish working each day. Because I'm a beginner meditator, the results I get from meditation are less than mediocre.

I want to at least get some basic success because my finance is dwindling.

Are there high-yield techniques that produce results fast? I need help with procrastination and distraction and addiction. If I conquered those, I would be much more productive.

Perhaps, should I ingest the mixture of MDMA, LSD, 5-MeO DMT, and salvia while electrically stimulating myself with CES machine as TJ Reeves suggests?

TJ Reeves talks about his vision of mass-produced instant enlightenment by taking 4 drugs at once while electrically stimulating oneself with CES machine. He seems to call it infinity gauntlet. That sounds crazy, though.

Edited by CreamCat