KnockingFromInside

Mystical Bible Verses

8 posts in this topic

Inspired by Leo's blog post.  I read the Bible last year and took down some notable verses along the way. Here are some good ones:

• And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.” (Exodus  33:19-20)
  • The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.” Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. (1 Kings 19:11-12)
  • “I said, ‘You are “gods”;
        you are all sons of the Most High.’
     But you will die like mere mortals;
        you will fall like every other ruler. (Psalm 82:6-7)
  • 20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:20-21)
  •  For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[c] And by him we cry, “Abba,[d] Father.”16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. (Romans 8:14-17)
  •  I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you.Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. (John 17:11)
  • So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)
  •  For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:14-21)
  •  You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11 Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all. (Colossians 3:7-11)
  • Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. (Hebrews 2:11)

Of course I could go on and on.

Clearly Jesus was not THE son of God, but A son of God. Seems pretty clear to me, although I admit that The Bible can be a confusing mess of a spiritual guide if you don't already have a background in spiritual knowledge. Still, I'm amazed at all the stuff Christians pass over. Why don't you ever hear about Elisha, for example? This is a who guy who supposedly brought a kid back from the dead and multiplied bread to feed a large crowd. Sounds a lot like Jesus....yet I had never heard of him until I read 1/2 Kings.

MEGATHREAD!:)

All Is Vanity

1 The words of the Preacher,[a] the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher,
    vanity of vanities! All is vanity.
3 What does man gain by all the toil
    at which he toils under the sun?
4 A generation goes, and a generation comes,
    but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises, and the sun goes down,
    and hastens[c] to the place where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
    and goes around to the north;
around and around goes the wind,
    and on its circuits the wind returns.
7 All streams run to the sea,
    but the sea is not full;
to the place where the streams flow,
    there they flow again.
8 All things are full of weariness;
    a man cannot utter it;
the eye is not satisfied with seeing,
    nor the ear filled with hearing.
9 What has been is what will be,
    and what has been done is what will be done,
    and there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there a thing of which it is said,
    “See, this is new”?
It has been already
    in the ages before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things,[d]
    nor will there be any remembrance
of later things[e] yet to be
    among those who come after.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I really feel like there are a lot of open-minded Christians out there who are ready to have their minds blown with non-duality. My parents are pretty standard Christians but in the last year or so I've hooked them on the Tao te Ching. Lol. They still have an attachment to Jesus and the Bible but acknowledge that God can be reached through other means.

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." ◄ Matthew 5:3 ►

Ego makes you feel that you are rich, that you are somebody, this and that. When the ego disappears and you are a nobody , that's what Jesus means by 'poor in spirit'. It means to be a nobody. To be poor in spirit does not mean to live in poverty, because one can practice poverty and can be very egoistic about it, that's what happens to people who renounce the world.

Blessed are the poor in spirit , those who know that they are nothing, those who know that their inside is just empty, there is no self, no ego, no claim, just emptiness. 

Don't possess anything at all , not even yourself. That's what is meant by 'poor in spirit'. Theirs is the kingdom of God here and now, right away. It is not a promise for the future.

@KnockingFromInside

"The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.” Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. (1 Kings 19:11-12)"

Focus on this, is all about the Breath and how to unlock your being to its full potential.