PsiloPutty

Books/videos about all-day awareness/meditation?

9 posts in this topic

Most of the stuff I found online on this topic seems to be geared toward lucid dreaming. Do you know of any books that talk about the practice of incorporating more awareness into life? I've been practicing staying with my breath as much as I can during the day, and I think there's good potential for growth in it, but would like to learn more about that sort of thing. Thanks for your help.  :)

You will not find that in a book. 

What do you want to be aware of? 

Edited by Faceless

17 minutes ago, Rinne said:

@Faceless Your post are so pointless. 

Why do you say that? 

Edited by Faceless

@okulele  Cool, I will check into it. Thanks!   

@Faceless  I get the gist of your post:  "how can you study being aware? Just BE aware." I get it, but I'm looking for tips on implementing it. Going from unaware most of the time to being aware most of the time isn't simply a conscious decision with an on/off switch. Not for me anyway.

13 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

"how can you study being aware? Just BE aware."

I wouldn’t say that. One would need know what one was attempting to be aware of. You can’t be aware of something you cannot identify, or see. You would also perhaps want to know what was “being aware” so you would want to understand the self. Also investigate into where that self manifests from. How does it come about? 

What are you attempting to be aware of if you don’t mind me asking. 

I want to be aware of a constant of the machine I call my body. The breath is an easily-observable constant, so I want to use that constant to remain aware of the present moment in an effort to become accustomed to thinking of my body, mind and existence as something separate from me. To be the witness. I think being anchored to the breath would be a useful habit to that end.