Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kingroboto

What should i channel while conversing with people

4 posts in this topic

I've always been envious of guys who can strike up a conversation with anyone and they seem genuinely interested in what they have to say. What I've come to realize is that I'm too focused on myself and always worrying about what im going to say while ignoring half of what the other person is saying, or always try to make it about me. Eventhough I'm aware of this fact it's really difficult to correct this habit. 

One trait that i observed from these guys who have good social skills that I lacked is that they are willing to engage with anybody, not just the pretty girls or those who have 'status. I saw in myself that I didn't have any motivation to talk to those who I deemed 'average' or just kind of plain. This goes back to the self serving nature I was in where my inner voice was telling me 'this person has nothing I want, so Im only going to put 50% effort in engaging with this person' or just don't bother at all. 

So with that in mind, what frame of mind should i be channeling within myself to make a meaningful connection with anyone I come across and have conversations flow naturally?  

@kingroboto a lot has to do with how serious you take yourself. 

A lot of people they get all hung up on what they say, and then not later contradict themselfs. And it just makes everything very rigid. Pretty much everything is multi-faceted and not black and white anyways. 

The ability to laugh at yourself is very important. People will find you more sympathetic. 

Almost everyone has something they can teach you or give you a new perspective. Although I’ve fallen into this trap myself so... yeah. 

"What should I channel while conversing with people"?

The focused attention on Breath and all the skills come to you automatically, depending on the situation. But really channel breath as your main focus in life, needs practice first.