MM1988

Listening to positive affirmations while sleeping

10 posts in this topic

Since a couple days I try to put on a positive confidence affirmation for 1 hour while drifting into sleep. Anybody tried this? Do you think it could work?

Also, recommend affirmation videos you guys used.

Hello, I have studied affirmations for a very long time and used them extremely often.

The thing that i would ask is why are you using and what is your goal with affirmations?

I self enquire whilst going to sleep, it's unbelievably effective! One time I was self enquiring and I had this crazy feeling go through my body, it woke me up! I was like... "Oh holy fuck" ??

1 hour ago, fireworld said:

Hello, I have studied affirmations for a very long time and used them extremely often.

The thing that i would ask is why are you using and what is your goal with affirmations?

To increase confidence and self-love. I know it would probably be better to say them to myself, but I feel so stupid talking to myself I cant get over it. Thats why I just listen to them at sleep.

Just now, MM1988 said:

To increase confidence and self-love. I know it would probably be better to say them to myself, but I feel so stupid talking to myself I cant get over it. Thats why I just listen to them at sleep.

The trick with affirmations is that they don't usually work if there is an incongruency within you. Your emotional states and goals can only be accomplished if there is congruence between all the parts of yourself.

Increasing confidence and self-love is too vague in most cases, the unconcious brain that you are trying to affect doesn't know what this means. So first, ask yourself what is it right now that is making me feel low confidence, what are the pictures, memories that come up. Are there parts of you that actually get a secret benefit from not being confident like maybe avoding taking risks or taking on responsibilities?

Once you have identified why you feel low confidence try reframing it, ask yourself if you can let go of that and try coming up with new ways of interpreing your low confidence.

So a good realization can be something like this, Confidence equals experience + competence. So you are most likely confident in some areas of your life, and this realization can lead to an affirmation like this. "I know that confidence comes from competence and experience, and just like i have confidence in (insert area you have confidence in) I can also develop confidence in (insert areas you want more confidence in) daily by gather more experience and becoming more competent each day"

This bypasses the concious mind and makes your unconcious a lot more receptive to it. 

As with self love, you have to be specific, how do you know that you feel self love and what does it mean to you, why don't you feel self love?

@Etagnwo I get what you are saying and I would normally sign that, I was a "realist" for the last 10 years and all it made me was depressed.

At least I thought I was a realist but I was really a negative person. In truth externals are neither good nor bad, so I might as well think positive about them, even if its a bit of delusion at least im not miserable. thinking negatively about everything is also a delusion .

I remember reading somewhere that our audio channels shutoff when we go into sleep/dreams thus can only benefit from the vibrations not the words themselves. I experience this sometimes when i wake up multiple times a night while listening to music, soon as i go back into the dream the music/sounds completely disappear and reappear as i come back to a more wakeful state.

B R E A T H E

What appears on the news is about the same, but negative brainwash instead of positive. Right?  No truth, most bullshit. 
And some people has been affected by this bs that our world is such a terrible place. Or they have created there own hell by negative thinking. 

3 hours ago, Etagnwo said:

It's a hellish nightmare in this world.

Positive affirmations can be used to balance it up again. 

2 hours ago, Etagnwo said:

If you think that positive thinking is going to help you then keep trying it. You obviously haven't because if you had any understanding then you would know by direct experience that it doesn't work.

You can't think positively about the state of the human species. The human is 99% animal and will do anything to maintain its survival. When you explore this it's going to be extremely painful but at the other side of that pain is acceptance of humanity through understanding that you and others cannot help what you do, that it's natural and innocent. All blame then dissolves and what's left is positivity that is beyond the superficial positive/ negative fluctuations of the mind. 

Affirmations just delay this process. .

Well, I feel extremely blessed and fortuned to be able to experience this world. I cant give positive affirmation all the credit for that but I look at it as a tool by many others to be happy.. 

You know that It is YOU who create this world that you call extremely painful and a hellish nightmare.  You are talking like this world would be like that without your consciousness. It is only you who has this worldview that you have, nobody else. 

Anyway, Interesting! So what do yo think of negative affirmation?   Should I start to do it instead to advance in this process that you are talking about? Should I try every morning to look at the world as shitty as possible even if I dont think its true? Why cant I think positively about the state of the human species?  Why cant I balance up all the negative from news etc with something possitive? 

Why cant I remind myself with positive affirmation instead that acceptence of humanity through understanding is the way to go? 

do it for couple of months and evaluate yourself. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi