Bernard

Limits of how much you can tap into via self inquiry

5 posts in this topic

Ok so, one thing I've noticed is that whenne I mediate and inquire, I get this feeling that I'm missing something and that something is eluding me. Its almost like there's a limit to how deep I can go.

Anyone else noticed this? Does anyone else have this issue? Do you see yourself asking questions and the answer simply isn't coming to you?

I usually let it go and let it come to me whenever but I wonder if there's a way to be able to reach into further depths of your mind.

Edited by Bernard
Typos

27 minutes ago, Bernard said:

usually let it go and let it come to me whenever but I wonder if there's a way to be able to reach into further depths of your mind.

As long as there is a particular direction being pursued (a means to an end) in that places a limit on how deep we can explore. If we have set out to accomplish something we have imposed the movement of will-desire. In that movement there is no freedom to observe. Desire limits our very freedom. 

To really go deep freedom is a necessity. 

There is self inquiry (movement of will-desire) or (time) ...To seek an answer to a question “a means to an end” (to seek)

And there is observation (no movement of desire-will) To observe the entire movement of self without any imposition of desire. (Just to observe and nothing else) 

check into the difference between these if you want to know more about what I am saying. 

Edited by Faceless

11 hours ago, Bernard said:

asking questions and the answer simply isn't coming to you?

What answer are you looking for?
What are you inquiring?

Are you quieting/stilling the mind before inquiring?

@Bernard I find that enquiry without writing is very limited. And that without listening / reading / attending is also limited. In other words, I find it to be a sort of (but not at all...) input-output process. The output part - for me - is very important; for me that is writing. It helps to get ideas out of my head, and for more abstract points which I'm stuck on proves to me that I'm stuck: if I can't explain / describe it in straightforward language to MYSELF (who has the advantage of first hand experience), then I clearly an stuck on something. Writing helps me to narrow it down and identify it, then work out why I am stuck. It's still not easy, but a bit easier than purely in the head 

@Bernard Also, use your enquiry to eliminate the false, rather than find the true. Kill false and truth must remain