Rebec

In Solitary - The anti-social Experiment

4 posts in this topic

What happens when you put four not very 'self-actualized' people (yes, I know a judgement, please judge for yourself) in solitude? 

very interesting, thanks for sharing! 

I wonder how I'd do on 5 days in solitary confinement.. I hope one day I'll find the balls, time and opportunity to try.. 

hmm.. what do you think? would there be a lot of difference between people here on the forum and others, which don't consciously work on self actualization / enlightenment? 

whatever arises, love that

While I can do nothing for an hour pretty easily, this is unchartered territory and I really wonder how I'd do.

A good friend of mine had a complete meltdown on the 3rd day of his first vipassana retreat. But on the 9th day, he had a mystic experience that changed him profoundly. I guess we need to allow ourselves to go nuts if we want to truly be sane. 

Edited by martin_malin

very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Its just amazing to see how much suffering a little lack of stimulation can cause to us. We are so addicted to basically everything. While most orange/ Westeners judge drug addicts, they are not that different. 

For Personal Development purposes, i think a dark room retreat would be even more powerful.