Surfingthewave

Falling off the path

4 posts in this topic

So I'm struggling to keep on the path, the hero's journey, fighting the good fight. I realise that I am what I seek but why is it so tricky to keep to this path?

Is this my ego continuing to backlash? The more I give up the more of  a struggle it is. I know that daily habits are the path to enlightenment, meditation, yoga, following my life purpose but why is it so hard to stick to?

1 hour ago, Surfingthewave said:

I realise that I am what I seek

Exactly! You "are" what you're looking for.... the wave IS the ocean believing it's a wave.

but why is it so tricky to keep to this path?

There's an imaginary "me" that believes what you see, smell, hear, taste, feel and think, is you. It's not you, it's just happening, within awareness/presence/being. Which is truly what you are.

Is this my ego continuing to backlash?

Yes. Except, ego doesn't actually exist, it just seems to. There "seems" to be a person inside us that we call "I" or "me", but that's only because of identification with the thought/feeling system and the body is used as a point of reference.

2 hours ago, Surfingthewave said:

I know that daily habits are the path to enlightenment, meditation, yoga, following my life purpose but why is it so hard to stick to?

Daily habits either happen or they dont, but ask, who is the one doing them? Or does the doing just happen...or not?

If you feel you should be meditating, ask, who is the meditator?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

You don't need to do anything to awaken other than give up the fight. Surrender completely to everything. That's why I just accept what is, and the best way to do that is to love whatever arises. You have no control when a thought will arise, when a feeling will arise, or what a person will say to you in a conversation. So instead of surrendering to them in short periods of meditation (still do it of course!) but why not do it all of the time, allowing them to just be, through the art of being your own inner parent to your heart that you have always wished you had.

My process: a thought arises? I say: "I love you", or some anything that is very kind, caring, and respectful. A feeling? "I love you". That is surrender, that is healing, and that anchors the vibration of love until reality reflects it. Affirmations of this kind change past the mental body of subconscious beliefs, because you are anchoring the oneness of your true self which is love/light/joy/gratitude/infinity/nothingness/emptiness/God.

Bring this acceptance with you, accept the one who continues to backlash just so you can give this shadow the love it deserves. The ego backlash is really the most neglected part of yourself wanting to be loved, like a child who has walked up to the gates of heaven, and heaven keeps moving away just cause the child isn't behaving morally right. Are you gonna leave that child to die, or will you sit with this child disguised as an ego backlash, and feel it. Every feeling is a child wanting to be hugged and loved, same with every thought, every person you see. Just children wanting the attention they never got. It's painful to do this man! As I always say, there is no shortcut here.

"I may be done with sadness, but it's not done with me". Replace sadness with a thought, or a feeling.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️