Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

Prepare yourself for the mysterious "whispering"

12 posts in this topic

What makes up a room? The walls one might say. 

But the walls are nothing but a limitation on the one room(which is infinite, and therefore no room at all). 

Think about it, nothing ever happens within any wall. Everything happens between the walls, inside the space of nothingness. 

The word "walls" doesn't just describe real physical walls, but is also a great metaphor to all contents of mind. 

*Thoughts are walls that limiting infinite consciousness to be a "room" within the walls of thoughts 

*Words are walls that limiting infinite intuition into a "room" of understanding. 

Every word in this OP is nothing but a wall. But we sometime needs to create a "box" within one feel comfortable/familiar with exploration. 

But remember, not a single word(wall) tells you anything. Just as you never make love inside a wall, it happens between in the space of nothingness. 

If you pick up anything at all from this tread, it's because you let the nothingness between the words speaks to you. 

Some time in your life, when you least expect it, maybe when you forgot all about spiritual nonsense. Maybe some years from now when you're just having a happy moment, and then, BOOM, the nothingness will whisper to you..

The nothingness that is between words, the nothingness that is between thoughts, the nothingness that is between walls.. 

The nothingness that is outside of time, the nothingness that is outside of mind, the nothingness that is outside of the self..

The nothingness will whisper to you in a mysterious way.. 

I'm not nothing, I'm open(to everything) 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

12 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

I'm not nothing, I'm open(to everything) 

There are no rooms without doors, or windows.
A window is not a frame or glass.
A window is a lack of a wall.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, tsuki said:

-I'm infinite (the nothingness says to the walls, doors and windows.)

-No, you are a room(the walls, doors and windows tells the infinite)

:) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

24 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

What makes up a room? The walls one might say. 

There is no room without empty space. If there is no empty space between walls, there is no room. Walls are only boundaries of room.

16 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

21 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

There is no room without empty space. If there is no empty space between walls, there is no room. Walls are only boundaries of room.

Yes, that's exactly my point! 

Is my broken english that bad? :) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

53 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Prepare yourself for the mysterious "whispering"

Buddha came one day with a flower in his hand. He was going to give a sermon. But no sermon was given, he just sat silently looking at the flower. Everyone wondered what he was doing. It continued for ten minutes, twenty, thirty minutes... Then everyone became uneasy. No one was able to say what he was doing. They all had gathered -- at least ten thousand people -- to hear him speak. And he was just sitting, only looking at the flower.

Mahakashyapa laughed. Buddha looked and said, "Mahakashyapa, come to me." He gave the flower to Mahakashyapa and said, "All that could be said I have said to all, and all that could not be said I have given to Mahakashyap." 

Buddha says, "I gave to Mahakashyapa all that cannot be said." Of course, the essential this is "that which cannot be said." Only the nonessential can be said, only the superficial can be said, only the utilitarian can be said. The most significant transfer of knowledge is possible in silence only.

6 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

The most significant transfer of knowledge is possible in silence only.

Hahaha
Why would a Buddha explain this story?!

Edited by tsuki

39 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Why would a Buddha explain this story?!

The words of the Śākyamuni Buddha addressed to Mahākāśyapa are described below:

I possess the true Dharma eye, the marvelous mind of Nirvana, the true form of the formless, the subtle dharma gate that does not rest on words or letters but is a special transmission outside of the scriptures. This I entrust to Mahākāśyapa.

http://www.tamqui.com/buddhaworld/Mahākāśyapa

@Prabhaker So, this explanation of story is a commentary?

53 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Why would a Buddha explain this story?

Jesus was talking in parables. Sufis know how to say in parables things which cannot be said. Buddha uses so many stories just to help you to attain a little glimpse. 

Other masters explained these stories, it is a tradition in the east.