Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SuchIsLife

Best way to apply self help books?

9 posts in this topic

I am quite interested in the self help book department, I've read a lot of books. How should I implement what I have learnt in the best way possible? I assume the whole point of help self books is to become the best version of your self, which is what I am trying to do. Should I be settings goals from what I have learnt? Or should I take notes of what I have learnt and just try to apply every concept that I learn provided that its who I want to become? I had the idea of making a checklist of applying everything, this way I don't forget and I make it a habit to do all these things.

How I would do it is to see which one is THE most important thing to implement and implement that habit. It's hard to implement too many things at once so pick the most important thing(s).

If you have serious pending issues, perhaps focus on the topic that is giving you the most trouble. 

Or, pick meditation as your first habit, as it gives you the greatest long-term benefit. 

Most of all enjoy the process :)

@SuchIsLife

I got this from Jason Capital. I don't always use it but when I do, it works well.

Split your note taking paper into to columns. Label one column "insights" and the other "action steps".

Whenever you read something that you like and sticks out, put it down in the "insights" column. And then IMMEDIATELY write an action step for how you will implement that insight in the "action steps" column.

Pretty simple, but it forces you to think action and not just theory. Very useful.

On 5/15/2018 at 1:19 AM, Sahil Pandit said:

@aurum Thank you for this.

You're welcome brotha

Best way to implement is by burning them :D 

So you can have free time to listen to your Breath and the silence in between heartbeats. 

This video was incredibly helpful to me. I basically use my journal every day. For me I'm unsure how I would be able to progress without notes or a journal of some kind. You need something to keep your theory in order, insights you have, plans, values, etc. Watch this video, set one up, and use it. immensely helpful 

On 16/05/2018 at 11:08 PM, aurum said:

You're welcome brotha

brudda* or breda*