MM1988

Osho Experiment to Control a Needle with Thought

10 posts in this topic

Here https://www.oshonews.com/2011/10/10/science-fifth-body-osho/ Osho writes

Carry out a small experiment and you will understand. Since you talk of science, I talk of experiments. Take a glass filled with water. Add a little glycerine or any other greasy liquid so as to form a thin film on the surface of the water. Place a straight pin lightly over this film so that it floats on the surface. Close the room from all sides. With your palms flat on the ground, concentrate your attention fully on the pin. For five minutes look straight at the pin. Then tell the pin to turn to the left and it will turn to left. Then tell it to turn to the right and it will turn to the right. Tell it to stop and it will stop; tell it to move and it will move. If your thought can move a pin, it can move a mountain also; it is only a matter of proportion. Fundamentally the principle is the same. If you have the ability to move a pin the fundamentals are proven. It is a different matter that the mountain may be too huge a structure to move – but it can move.

I tried it like an idiot and of course nothing happened, lol. If anybody else wants to try, to get a needle floating on water use a little piece of paper like here 

17 hours ago, MM1988 said:

I tried it like an idiot and of course nothing happened

Jesus says, “Faith can move mountains.”

Deepak Chopra on the Oprah Winfrey show, has done a similar experiment. 

You guys are too gullible.

Spirituality isn't about super powers and bending the world to your will, or manifesting shit for your BIG ego's desires.

Reality is you, the rules are you, you are the one who's creating all of it, only problem is your BIG ego doesn't like it, it wants it to be like this or like that.

Giving Oprah a string which she can clearly manipulate with her hand is such a ridiculous experiment, for god sake people have you lost all sense of sensibility? If this is how you justify experiments science would suck so bad we would still be using horses as a vehicle.

Ever wonder why Ouija Boards never work alone? but do in a group or party environment there is always that person that wants to convince others, for the fun and lols.

However it is true the more you put your focus/awareness onto something the more it will reveal itself to you. This is why people become experts in whatever they do for long peroids, and success may follow that, or not, you could always get hit by a bus as soon as you make it big.

Forget a needle, get a cup, and focus on it for a few days, meditate with it, it will reveal a lot, one of the profound ones is the cup exists because you bring into existence, you declare as real within yourself, the second is the cup does not move to egoistical mind thoughts or desires physically using physic powers, the mind will however find a way to move the cup (e.g. use your hand).

The using your hand to manipulate the cup is already a super power, if we were all born with the ability to move cups with our mind, trust me we would consider it a mundane and boring thing just like we can manipulate objects with our hands is casual. We have hands and fingers that allow us to do many things that most other animals can't do, it's a super power.

Pro tip: you want super powers? Your ego is raging, work on that first, after that you won't need super powers.

Edited by blazed

15 minutes ago, blazed said:

Ever wonder why Ouija Boards never work alone? but do in a group or party environment there is always that person that wants to convince others, for the fun and lols.

I don't know about moving a needle with the mind, but there are people that use a ouija board, solo,  for channeling. What are they channeling? Themselves of course, but that's where some of the best wisdom can be found anyway. The same can be done with automatic writing, just depends on the person's preference and belief system

Edited by starsofclay

10 minutes ago, starsofclay said:

I don't know about moving a needle with the mind, but there are people that use a ouija board, solo,  for channeling. What are they channeling? Themselves of course, but that's where some of the best wisdom can be found anyway. The same can be done with automatic writing, just depends on the person's preference and belief system

Exactly just more pathological thinking and importance put on to a materialistic object. In deep meditation the true self reveals itself, and it needs nothing. Of course, paper and pen can be useful for the ego mind. Just like sun glasses can be useful for the eyes.

Question is why they still messing about with the ego when they need to go beyond it.

@blazed well, because the people who we are referring to probably aren't seeking enlightenment, just understanding and spiritual growth. And it depends on how you use the pen and paper. In true automatic writing, the goal actually is to surpass the ego and find the voice within. The voice being  what people call higher self, higher mind, the source, etc. You actually go into a meditative state while automatic writing. 

18 minutes ago, starsofclay said:

@blazed well, because the people who we are referring to probably aren't seeking enlightenment, just understanding and spiritual growth. And it depends on how you use the pen and paper. In true automatic writing, the goal actually is to surpass the ego and find the voice within. The voice being  what people call higher self, higher mind, the source, etc. You actually go into a meditative state while automatic writing. 

I assumed understanding and spiritual gowth would be towards enlightenment.

I don't know much about automatic writing, but from my own deep insights in meditation, there is nothing to write, I can feel my brain reconnecting, the intelligence is beyond thought and mind.

Whats the difference between automatic writing and an writer being in "Flow"? When a writter is in flow they write without thinking much and they say the thoughts came to them they say from a higher place or their muse.

But it seems the success of the book grealty impacts whether the writer will say it came from their muse. It's like "How did you write such a fantastic book!?"  "I don't know it came to me."

The matter of fact is that everything arises from nothingness.

Edited by blazed

@blazed Hmm... I hadn't thought of that. I'm definitely not qualified to answer this, but I would say it comes down to intention. The writer in the flow state does not intend to surpass ego, so the result is a mixture of ego and something deeper, hence why there are so many unintentional truths out there in media. In automatic writing, the same could definitely happen, if the intention isn't set correctly. Then again, there's no way to prove that a piece of automatic writing doesn't have some ego sprinkled in. I would agree and  say for enlightenment purposes it probably is not the best method, but very good for self-reflection/understanding. Just another tool in the shed.

Edited by starsofclay

@blazed Im not gullible or after super powers, I just read that article for some other reason and thought if OSHO dares me to do this experiment why not be open minded and try it haha.

21 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

@blazed Im not gullible or after super powers, I just read that article for some other reason and thought if OSHO dares me to do this experiment why not be open minded and try it haha.

Good thing it didn't work otherwise you might have:

giphy.gif