6 posts in this topic

If you, like me, were like wth is Leo going on about with this MU talk... What tf is he s̶m̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ butt-plugging, (I want some!!!), well I recently came across some talk of MU in Gödel, Escher, Bach (see section "Mumon on MU")...

20180510_081401.jpg

So clearly MU is shorthand (or is it longhand?) for this ineffable truth of Nothingness we're always going on about here. And perhaps the "drinking a hot iron ball which you can neither swallow nor spit out" is what he was going through in Hawaii, and what happens when you surrender your life to Truth. Apparently the method for realizing it is to stop all thoughts, forget all teachings, and focus only on MU.

Anyways, thought I'd share this sick excerpt on Enlightenment. Remember to always do what's right and have a good time.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

52 minutes ago, InfinitePotential said:

Apparently the method for realizing it is to stop all thoughts, forget all teachings, and focus only on MU.

??

Only this is not a method. It’s an ending of all such methods, techniques, systems. The ending of the center moving in any particular direction of thought. When the movement of the self ceases to become. 

When all such time ends. When all focus ceases. With the cessation of desire, choice, and all such movements of psychological time come to an end. 

In the pursuit of learning, every day something is acquired. In the pursuit of Tao, every day something is dropped.

Laozi

Edited by Faceless

3 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Where can I find info about how to practice the Mu thing..

See post below by @Faceless

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

??

Only this is not a method. It’s an ending of all such methods, techniques, systems. The ending of the center moving in any particular direction of thought. When the movement of the self ceases to become. 

When all such time ends. When all focus ceases. With the cessation of desire, choice, and all such movements of psychological time come to an end. 

In the pursuit of learning, every day something is acquired. In the pursuit of Tao, every day something is dropped.

Laozi

So from my understanding (not that one could possess a understanding but sorry I don't speak nondual), it's all about dropping tf out of any and all effort.  

In doing so, you become (or rather, realize you always were) your authentic, selfless self.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

1 hour ago, InfinitePotential said:

So from my understanding (not that one could possess a understanding but sorry I don't speak nondual

1 hour ago, InfinitePotential said:

it's all about dropping tf out of any and all effort.  

In doing so, you become (or rather, realize you always were) your authentic, selfless self.

:)Correct. To try and understand non duality “teaching” has no meaning. This is why I don’t recommend any accumulation of of nondual teachings. To accumulate such knowledge is a movement of the center which inevitably seeks permanence and is always a movement of self sustainment and fragmentation.

When thought ceases to attribute to itself it’s mechanical movement “conditioning/effort” then that is an ending of the movement of time/self/ and the content/responses of ones consciousness

So we are not trying to gain/add a nondul understanding but rather end the dualistic/thought/center which is the self.

I never accumulated any non dual teachings nor was there a movement of effort/time. In this time dissolved and what remained was the timeless “nothing” 

Non experiencing is “what is” 

You can’t do anything to achieve truth/nothingness. All you can do is deal with things ‘res’ , the dualistic mind. To empty/end that the other is uncovered and becomes realized.

A total perception “Unbound by conditioning and therefore whole” distilles the essence of every movement the center takes. Therfore all movements of self which includes fragmentation/psychological time/thought/efforts end. 

All that remains is nothingness/what is. 

It’s always there, it is just covered up by the conditioned mind. 

You “the center created by thought” is the barrier. Don’t add “accumulate” to the barrier deconstruct the barrier. 

Consciousness empty of its conditioned movement sees with clarity.

Edited by Faceless

9 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

What does 'res' mean?

Things or “thinks” lol 

5 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Where can I find info about how to practice the Mu thing..

There are always 3 options

Yes, No and Mu. This is how you practice Mu. 

Look at your beliefs and instead of saying - this is right or this is wrong... Choose Mu. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟