Marcoslvrz

Marijuana And Self-actualization

9 posts in this topic

I am writing a ten page research paper on marijuana legalization. Although the forum guidelines warn against discussions about drugs, I feel that it is an important topic to discuss since a large portion of the global population uses marijuana medically and recreationally.

Essential Question: Where does Marijuana fit in the self-actualization process and will using marijuana hinder self-actualization work?

From my personal experience Marihuana consumption is alrigth and also a great alternative to painkillers. However I think Marihuana is doing harm to my self actualization procces since I cant be productive when I am high and an inclination to lethargie stays in my bones for a couple days after consumption. So if someone wants to seriously achive some longterm goal I would sugest not to take Marihuana or any drugs at all. I noticed not much negativ effects one me otherwise, just dont consume too much I know some people that got really badly hooked on it and cant go a day without being high.

i have smoked marijuana off and on for several years now. both socially and by myself. honestly, when i smoke every now and then (mainly in the evening after work when i am relaxing before i go to sleep), i feel it really can help me have a better perception on certain matters as well as help me see my anxieties and overall life in a different light. i honestly have personally experienced what i perceived as personal breakthroughs or small epiphanies about a wide variety of topics while under the influence. 

however, when i used to smoke everyday, i became lethargic and unmotivated at times. so i really feel it effects everyone differently, but can be very useful for some if they are ready for it and use it in moderation.

On 3/8/2016 at 9:07 PM, Marcoslvrz said:

Where does Marijuana fit in the self-actualization process and will using marijuana hinder self-actualization work?

It is a recreational drug. It is fine when used in moderation by strong, healthy egos. If you are struggling with your self-actualization, it is probably more of a hindrance than anything else.

I have smoked marijuana for about 15 years and as good as daily the last 5 years. For me this became a problem because I felt like I wouldn't be able to sleep without smoking. I share the opinion that moderate consumption should be fine, just like alcoholconsumption. My problem is the "moderation" part... 

But for a self-actualized life I believe it's better to stay away from marijuana as well as alcohol. It might be fun in the moment but in the long-run it's just a waste of time. I feel so much better without it, I'm starting to dream again (or to remember my dreams, not sure if marijuana causes you to stop dreaming) and I'm saving money for other things!

Yeah it will mess with your dreams. I'm trying to work more towards lucid dreaming so it's a no-no for me :P

@Marcoslvrz i think i'm becoming an emotionless robot because of it  :-/ my lungs i feel are being affected , the void gets filled with it so its not causing actualization as i'm lying all the time after consumption , focus is hampered but cannot be used as an excuse to not get what you want, people look upon you as a criminal. hampers your dreams but off lately i have been getting dreams, (the ones before waking up), increases thirst, eliminates fear for some time , gives you pleasure for some time gives you the don't give a dam attitude for some time .it gives you the power to do the work you hate doing, its just an escape from life, its just a distraction and the mind plays tricks in believing it does no harm. difficult to get unhooked from the constant series of climax.

This is a fun Drug!!! But i from my personal experience... should only be used if you want to change your personal way of thinking... and only for a limited time as well. 

I myself stopped.... once i'm successful.... that might be a different story... i would have to have a very strong asset column that is bring in heavy cash flow in my direction to go back to this one of a kind magical drug!!! 

It did help me open my mind to the idea of becoming a better person. but at one point... it was limiting me... so i decided to end it until i'm successful, my very own definition, and not just to what society says is. 

So it's up to you, really truly is... 

Hope you have an awesome day and Cheers!!!

Do it rarely, but when you do...slam it xD. Terence sais once a week, but i'd say...do it even less. Like once a month, in silent darkness in combination with meditation.