Rilles

Question about Meditation

7 posts in this topic

I’ve been meditating for about 3 Months and I noticed that my mind becomes calm and more present ,my body however has not aligned with the peacefulness, my body is just as tense as when I started, are there meditations more directed towards calming the body? Thanks

Dont look at me! Look inside!

The book on Leo's book on kundalini yoga is pretty good for that...although it's pretty out there and might not be for you, but the techniques work. You may also wanna try doing regular hatha yoga etc.

Thanks! I’ll look into buying it, I’m not afraid of crazy stuff, been following Leo since 2016:P

You are welcome and good luck. That is an interesting measure of growth: "How much ridiculousness can I be open to." :D

Including the body is a crucial step in deepening your meditation practice.

The way I meditate might be of help to you. This isnt some kind of strange technique, its simply what my meditation has evolved into lately.

1. Become aware of being conscious.
  2. See that this conscious space is not an object, and become aware of its no-thing-ness.
  3. Instead of trying to define this space... be the empty space. See that this is already the case.
  4. One by one start including everything that seems to be separate from it, into this space of oneness.
  5. Any tension in the body is simply made of the belief that its separate from this space. Surrender that part of the body to it, and see what that does with the tension. You can also do this with thoughts / feelings etc.
  6. Surrender, surrender, surrender, until theres nothing left but this conscious space. 
  7. Enjoy. 

If you lose it, repeat. These steps are just guidelines, don't worry about them. Become aware of the mechanism of surrendering.

This is all that meditation really is. Surrendering everything you thought was seperate into unity. But always locate this space first. That's where the healing occurs.

Your body is tensed because you believe its yours. But it belongs to consciousness. Its possible that it may feel that these tensions will actually increase at first, but that only means you're becoming more aware of them. In time, you should start to feel more and more at peace with your body. 

Yoga can take this to the next level. But in essence, its the same kind of surrendering.

Hope that helps :) 

Edited by DoubleYou

@DoubleYou Thanks! I’ll try this in my next session.