Psyche_92

The power of now.

10 posts in this topic

Forgot how big of an impact this book had made on me in the past.

It was my first book that i've read on the topic of enlightenment. Yesterday i started reading it again, and immediately it got me into experiencing pure presence and being. I could also notice that i haven't been living in the present moment for a very long time, even though i thought i was. We tend to forget so quickly about it, and get stuck in our own mind again without even recognizing it. 

While i'm reading the book now, i'm constantly having these very small moments of being, but they don't stick. I feel like i need the book to remind me of them, to get me into the present moment. My mind just always sucks me right back out of it.

How can i root myself in the present without falling back into the mind? I've been meditating for about 6 months now, but i definitely don't experience anything like this. 

12 minutes ago, Psyche_92 said:

Forgot how big of an impact this book had made on me in the past.

It was my first book that i've read on the topic of enlightenment. Yesterday i started reading it again, and immediately it got me into experiencing pure presence and being. I could also notice that i haven't been living in the present moment for a very long time, even though i thought i was. We tend to forget so quickly about it, and get stuck in our own mind again without even recognizing it. 

While i'm reading the book now, i'm constantly having these very small moments of being, but they don't stick. I feel like i need the book to remind me of them, to get me into the present moment. My mind just always sucks me right back out of it.

How can i root myself in the present without falling back into the mind? I've been meditating for about 6 months now, but i definitely don't experience anything like this. 

What is most likely drawing you back in is psychological time. 

@Faceless

Yea. Whenever i enter the present moment, i get bombarded with thoughts of things that could go wrong if i surrender. I feel like my ego is trying to deceive me of not being able to survive without it.

Edited by Psyche_92

Are you in a state of becoming or not becoming in any way? 

Are you employing volition/will to accomplish escaping thought or to achieve a state beyond thought? 

Edited by Faceless

7 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Are you employing volition/will to accomplish escaping thought or to achieve a state beyond thought? 

Yea, i guess so. 

This book is amazing. My advice would be to get audiobook amd listen to it at least once a month for very profound experiences.

12 minutes ago, egoless said:

This book is amazing. My advice would be to get audiobook amd listen to it at least once a month for very profound experiences.

Will do.

Reading this book at the moment i having similar thoughts <3

tao-te-ching.jpg

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, pluto said:

Reading this book at the moment i having similar thoughts <3

tao-te-ching.jpg

Or you can observe nature in relation to your own inner workings. That’s what I did. ?