Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoless

What does science mean to you?

8 posts in this topic

Is science an outdated or perfect term to describe the search for the Truth? I don’t mean science as job. I mean the real meaning of science and scientists without boundries of academia? 

Define science. Which definition is the most real for you. Would you change it with other word? Which one? 

13 hours ago, egoless said:

Is science an outdated or perfect term to describe the search for the Truth?

Science is perfect term to describe the search for the facts about objective world. Scientific facts can always change with new findings.

Define science. Which definition is the most real for you.

Science is exploration into the objective world.

A scientist can tell you earth is round or flat , if you are referring bible for shape of earth, you are looking at wrong place.

If you want to know about soul, God; don't ask a scientist. Subjective world is not territory of science.

Would you change it with other word? Which one? 

'Objective science.'

I think science is an objective search for establishable fact and it's methodology in doing so is very commendable. Though I feel the general public have a tendency to treat science like gospel in the way that many religious followers treat scripture without much personal analysis. I don't think there's anything wrong with science in it's pure form but I think it could be utilised better. 

The state of western science is a fish on land, essentially already dead, but we keep it alive by pouring water on it. Quantum mechanics should have ended the search for objective truth, but for some reason, whether it be that those in power want to keep the illusion of an objective truth going to control the masses or we are all part of holding the illusion going as we have become dependent on it, is up for interpretation. Science is the search for cause-effect-relations, but as we get closer and closer to a definite understanding of the cause, the effect becomes more and more illusive (look up Heisenberg's uncertainty-principle). However, I do believe science, and the search for objective truth, has an important part to play as it unveils the truth, that there is no truth.

I don’t mean how science is meant today. I mean what is the definition of the true scientist. What did that word mean initially. 

17 hours ago, egoless said:

I mean what is the definition of the true scientist.

A scientist is a person engaging in a systematic activity to acquire knowledge that describes and predicts the natural world.

17 hours ago, egoless said:

What did that word mean initially. 

Science was considered a "branch" of philosophy.  That's why we still go on giving PhD's to scientists. PhD means doctor of philosophy.

18 hours ago, egoless said:

I don’t mean how science is meant today. I mean what is the definition of the true scientist. What did that word mean initially. 

God.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Material technology and logic, to provide physical comfort. 

Very mediocre and childish when dealing with reality.