Nathan

Why does pain exist in the way that it does?

26 posts in this topic

It kinda puts a damper on the whole life experience. I'm not afraid of the concept of death but am terrified of the pain that accompanies it.

Tell me how is pain different from pleasure?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I guess it just feels inherently unbearable, not just in humans but throughout the animal kingdom too. Are you suggesting by changing your perspective on the matter pain can feel as fulfilling as pleasure?

1 minute ago, Nathan said:

I guess it just feels inherently unbearable, not just in humans but throughout the animal kingdom too. Are you suggesting by changing your perspective on the matter pain can feel as fulfilling as pleasure?

I think she’s asking if they are in fact seperate. 

Or if they are one in the same movement. 

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

Can their be pleasure without pain? 

I always saw pain as the counterbalance to pleasure, so for pleasure to exist in duality pain would have to exist. But just because a counterbalance is neccessary doesn't mean it has to carry as much weight as it does.  In what sense are they the same movement? The sensation is certainly discernable. 

Pleasure being a movement of thought remembers through memory how great that experience was then seeks to experience it again. If it doesn’t experience it their is pain. Also if one invites pleasure their is the possibility of that pleasurable experience ending which invites fear, therfore  pain. Their is a prepetual movement to capture and sustain pleasure which only strengthens the pleasure more and more. This leads to perpetual pain and suffering. 

Can you see that in yourself? 

Edited by Faceless

I would say I totally see it in myself in regards to emotional pain relating to a lack of contentment. Though I was kinda wondering about physical pain mainly, I don't subscribe to the abrahamic notion of God but I do believe that existential experience was designed. I just don't see how physical pain existing in the extremity that it does is necessary. 

??‍♂️

I’m more intereted in why I ask certain questions?

Edited by Faceless

I mean short answer: I'm asking cuz I'm a pussy who's pissed that life contains severe pain knowing that I'll eventually be riddled with it. So I yell fuck the design despite being fairly infatuated with it ._.  I guess it feels like I'm complaining rather than seeking, but at the heart of every complaint is an opinion that's malleable I guess.

2 hours ago, Nathan said:

Pain and pleasure are the same form perspective of having release.
Sex is enjoyable because you can orgasm.
Being tired is enjoyable because you can rest.
Painful agony is enjoyable because you can die.

BDSM is a way of seeing how pleasure and pain can be indistinguishable. Did you explore it?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

4 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Pain and pleasure are the same form perspective of having release.
Sex is enjoyable because you can orgasm.

BDSM is in a way of seeing how pleasure and pain can be indistinguishable. Did you explore it?

No,I could see the benefit of it in my circumstance though. I'm suprised it never occured to me earlier considering I ruminate bout pain/pleasure a lot. Could probably learn a lot from the masochist perspective, good advice xD

@Nathan It only makes sense if everything actually is ok. If an actor from a scary movie suddenly yelled to you from inside the tv “Yo Nathan! Why are you watching a scary movie!!??”  What would you tell him?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Can’t have one without the other?

Just now, Nahm said:

@Nathan It only makes sense if everything actually is ok. If an actor from a scary movie suddenly yelled to you from inside the tv “Yo Nathan! Why are you watching a scary movie!!??”  What would you tell him?

Hehehe

To experience the entirety of the drama. Because life for the perspective of self/ego is a drama. 

33 minutes ago, Nathan said:

No,I could see the benefit of it in my circumstance though. I'm suprised it never occured to me earlier considering I ruminate bout pain/pleasure a lot. Could probably learn a lot from the masochist perspective, good advice xD

Dominance and masochism come hand in hand.

You can be attracted to being a dominant because you are afraid of your strength to hurt others.
Hurting others would be a torture to yourself.

You can be attracted to being a masochist because you are afraid to trust others.
Submitting to others would be an act of dominance upon yourself.

BDSM is a deep topic when you treat it seriously. Don't be too quick to judge your preferences.

Edited by tsuki

31 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I mean I'd probably rub my eyes, and begin to question my sanity. I get where you're coming from, it's exciting to immerse yourself in thrilling circumstances from the comfort of your armchair. We get so involved in the drama that we begin to tense up when things start perilous for the actors, as though we were there with them. 

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I guess I'd tell them that it was fun being scared

good question, I dislike pain as well, but it's there so I accept it the best I can

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!