Biomech

Ugliness - A Haunting Nightmare?

23 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2016 at 0:04 AM, Elton said:

who the fuck decides who is beautiful and who is not?  The fucking media or the fucking people following the fucking media, true beauty lies on the inside and it can never fade away with time and this beauty can be developed, not by cosmetic but deep psychological work getting rid of neurosis and self acceptance may be the key.. We are still living in an era where there is racism not on color but on looks and the media is responsible for this because we compare beauty to the superstars who use make up and have a great protein rich diet and great lighting all this at our expense because we feed our egos with this fake beauty... Time to change perspectives and not give our fucking eyeballs to the media!

@Elton, thank you so much for commenting.  I can see you feel passionate about this, thank you for speaking up.   I think you make some very valid points about the concept of beauty and the factors and entities which can influence our concept of beauty.    I found this a very interesting visual presentation of some of the same thoughts... just from a cultural perspective over historical time.