Anirban657

Distractions from contemplation

5 posts in this topic

I have been contemplating for 10 minutes everyday for the past few months but I am not getting the results. Distracting thoughts come up and I am unable to keep myself concentrated. 

I currently use the do-nothing meditation technique. 

Please suggest how to improve my contemplation practice.

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

@Anirban657 Make two categories on a piece of paper; belief and experienced. Put these things and more like them in one category or the other; born, will die, alive, am separate, am not separate, I exist, I don’t exist, I am awareness, I am not awareness  etc

Take 10 minutes for each item that you placed in the experienced column, and contemplate, one at a time.

More traditional style:

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Before i could ever contemplate anything their first had to be silence. Freedom from time ‘thought’ enabled the freedom to explore time ‘contemplation’ without time itself acting as a limit. 

In order to contemplate efficiently their must be a ceasing of time/thought. 

Distractions are movements of time. 

If you are like me (psychological time) must come to an end before moving forward. 

Check into it.?

Edited by Faceless

When their is no feeling as if you ‘need’ to contemplate creates a capacity for great contimplation. 

The absence of volition/effort closes the door of compulsive thinking. That compulsive thinking is the result of prepetual movements towards psychological security. That is the function of thought/ego. 

Edited by Faceless