yasaidasai

Guys, check out a meditation app that I made

11 posts in this topic

In the past, when I listened to binaural beats, I noticed that If I hum in unison to the sound of the beat I enter a trance like state really fast. It seemed like the wave in my headphones overlapped with my voice creating a second beat. I took that idea and made an app out of it. Nothing fancy, took me around 5 days to make it, but the effect that it produces is quite powerful. You basically need listen to the beat and to try to flatten out a circle on the screen with your voice.  Sounds complicated but you need to experience this for yourselves.

It's only available for android now, I'm thinking about making an iOs version in the nearest future.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.forbiddensaucery.om

1 hour ago, yasaidasai said:

You basically need listen to the beat and to try to flatten out a circle on the screen with your voice. 

I dont understand what you mean by that. Can you elaborate? 

But very cool!  Crashed a few times when playing around with the frequency but that is to be expeted, keep developing :)

Android 7.0, huawei 8 lite

@molosku  When you press "start the program" button there's a wobbling circle on the screen. Start humming and it begins to flatten out. When you're in total unison, it becomes absolutely flat.

Cant find it. Maybe its not rendering? 

Actualizedoverflow.com:ph34r:

Screenshot_20180419-171712.png

Whooooa I guess it just didn't fit into your screen. I need to fix this rn. Thanks a lot, if it weren't for you this would have gone unnoticed!

@molosku  I've submitted an update just now, can you please re-install it and check if the button is there? Sorry that I'm asking you to do this, all my friends have iphones and mine has the hugest screen ever, so I've never experienced something not fitting in.

Now it renders and works :) yeah rendering for bunch of devices is a bitch. Very cool idea btw, hope it'll catch some downloads. 

Sounds interesting!
Would love to try it when there's an iOS version. :)

Nice, I will try it!

What software did you use to code it and what language? Very interesting!

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse Android studio/Java

For those who actually tried it, can you check if the "Start the program" button and the circle renders correctly and write your experience with the circle here? Because really, it's the core of the app.

Edited by yasaidasai
typo

3 minutes ago, yasaidasai said:

@abrakamowse Android studio/Java

For those who actually tried it, can you check if the "Start the program" button and the circle renders correctly and write your experience with the circle here? Because really, it's the core of the app.

Thanks!

I will try it tonight and I let you know anything I notice. I like to be a beta tester hehehe...

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16