How to be wise

I don’t understand Nisargadatta

7 posts in this topic

I enjoyed watching this video, even though I understood very little of it. Although something he said has really confused me.

Nisargadatta: “Everything is beingness. But I, the absolute, am not that.” 

I heard Leo always say that ‘everything is consciousness, everything is one’, but nisargadatta is contradicting that. Why is he distinguishing himself from everything else? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I have been reading a few of his quotes. Seems to really resonate??

Edited by Faceless

14 minutes ago, Faceless said:

I have been reading a few of his quotes. Seems to really resonate??

Then can you explain his quote that I mentioned earlier? Why is he distinguishing himself from other people? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Then can you explain his quote that I mentioned earlier? Why is he distinguishing himself from other people? 

Well I would not impose any image onto you as that is not a good way to learn. When he says state, condition, and quality those for me express notions of measure. 

And awarness is not bound by measure. Awareness is infinite and immeasurable.

The rest I leave to you to inquire into. This is the way I learn ‘ as in personaly recognize experiencialy’ what is said by others. Find out if what they say is true. Don’t accept investigate. Inquire into to it deeply both in what words are used, there meanings, and paying attention. Having a capacity to view/experience by inquiring into that in relationship to my own experience. 

I hope I helped a little. But not to much?

??

Besides your it?

Edited by Faceless

I have only read a few quotes of his. That’s my fifth or so quote. 

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Nisargadatta: “Everything is beingness. But I, the absolute, am not that.” 

I heard Leo always say that ‘everything is consciousness, everything is one’, but nisargadatta is contradicting that. Why is he distinguishing himself from everything else?

Haha!

There is no contradiction at all!

The Absolute I -- not to be confused with the self you presently think you are -- is Nothingness. It is formless. So all forms occurs within formlessness.

But it gets even weirder! Since everything is totally nondual, there is no difference between form and formlessness. They are in fact identical.

Everything is Beingness. But I, the Absolute am not that. AND I am that!

What you are missing is: From a totally nondual perspective, nonduality and duality are in fact identical! Because everything is relative. Everything is simply a matter of perspective.

Everything is consciousness, everything is one. But oneness includes manyness. Oneness includes every form of separation possible.

One = Many

Many = One

Unity must include infinite disunity.

Freedom must include infinite types of oppression and limitation.

Love must include infinite types of hatred.

Everything must come full-circle.

Paradox here is not a bug but a feature.

P.S. It is impossible for an ego (you) to understand this. This understanding only comes AFTER the ego's annihilation. The ego's annihilation IS this understanding.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@How to be wise

its important that this is captured by inquiry but more in the extent that you can be free from a measurable state. A quieting of thought is a start. 

Thats the most important way to see.?

Edited by Faceless