EcsTaZe

How could I get a good balanced everyday diet ?

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm new here in the forum, even if I'm listening to Leo since a few months.

I hope you will be able and willing to help me.

Actually I'm figuring out how to get a good equilibrated daily habit of nutrition in my case, because you can hear lots of things from here and there and certains are contradictable so it's hard to find out the truth. I saw Leo's videos on food but was not complete enough when dealing with my specific case xD

In fact I'm a vegetarian eating a lot of pastas, cheese, bread and sorts of vegetarian meat-like products containing mainly soja. As you can see if you are a bit interested in nutrition stuff nowadays, it sucks.

I would like to remove cheese at all (my only but in great quantities use of dairy products) and bread (wheat). It will be ok mentally for me to change those habbits because I'm really willing to but the problem is I don't know how to replace all of that correctly without having nutrition leaks. It will be particularly easy with cheese because even if I have been a big lover of that kind of products, today it seems that my body becomes to naturately not loving anymore all of that.

So yeah, the first thing I figured out for the transition is eating big plates of raw vegetables as Leo talked about, but if I do that well, without meat and dairy products I guess I will leak somethings... Vitamin B12 for exemple. Some people tell I can find it in vegetables and others say no so what am I supposed to do ? I even don't like eggs lol but if no choice I guess I could go trought and force myself to learn to like.

Does anyone here could help wih serious knowledge ???

Thanks a lot in advance...

Hi there, I think you need to follow a diet guide which can be helpful for you and provide you balanced diet. I have heard that most of them follow diet guide for maintaining their weight. One of my friend is following livré minceur online which is helpful for reducing weight.

It's often more about what you don't eat vs what you do eat. Getting rid of any and all junk / processed foods is an amazing start. 

My personal opinion and recommendation would be to include the eggs (hopefully high quality, from healthy and happy chickens). They're incredibly nutrient rich, and ensure that you're getting high quality protein with the amino acid profile your body needs. 

Of course, many on this spiritual path would say absolutely no animal products are necessary (some might even say all you need is air). I sympathize with this notion, and one thing is certain: animals are feeling creatures and deserve to be treated with the utmost dignity and respect.

But that being said, if all you ate were, say, whole chickens (organs skin bones and all), you would have all the nutrition you require and thrive. If all you eat are plant foods, you run into possibilities of nutrient deficiencies, require supplementation, and even run into possible allergies and plant food toxins.  

Anyways, if you include eggs alongside with plenty of natural, whole plant foods, and PLENTY of healthy fats (very important), you'll be good to go. Something like this but replace the "meat fish and eggs" section with just eggs (or don't) would be an excellent diet.

PHD_Apple_plate-cropped.png

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Ok ok thanks both of you for your answer. I don't just need a diet, actually I'm pretty slim so with a good nutrition habit I'd like to get a little bit of muscle weight more to be perfectly fine and that's all.

Thanks for your picture and explanation, It will help first for the eggs, I will buy some and try to like eating them lol xD
Yes I already removed all the junk food, just need a good source of protein first so you conviced me I have to figure out to like them that's the first step.

Buy some vegan cook book or find an online repository of recipes and eat a lot of what you like if you want to bulk. I wouldn't worry about any extra source of proteins, if you eat balanced meals already. Enough calories from plants = enough protein. I see you are okay with eating meat so you can eat like one day vegan/one day meat, or whole week vegan and meat on weekends. This way you won't get any vitamin deficiencies, etc.

That's what I have figured out for myself. I am still working on fully implementing those principles, so this approach is untested. You can give it a try for a few months along with me!

On 17/04/2018 at 9:33 PM, Girzo said:

Buy some vegan cook book or find an online repository of recipes and eat a lot of what you like if you want to bulk. I wouldn't worry about any extra source of proteins, if you eat balanced meals already. Enough calories from plants = enough protein. I see you are okay with eating meat so you can eat like one day vegan/one day meat, or whole week vegan and meat on weekends. This way you won't get any vitamin deficiencies, etc.

That's what I have figured out for myself. I am still working on fully implementing those principles, so this approach is untested. You can give it a try for a few months along with me!

Hello. Thanks for your answer.

Actually no I'm not eating meat at all, since 3 years already now and not want anymore :-)

Just in case, I get from a question to Aubrey Marcus (don't know if you know him) that the best source of proteins for vegan is hemp seeds. So I bought some and yeah, seems to be perfect for me as they are fitable in lots of recipes. It contains plainty of complete proteins + some omega 3 - 6 - 9 like in fishes !

But yeah as I'm not very aware yet of the different needs of the body, I was looking for a supplement in proteins with my vegetables as I'd like to work out my muscle just a bit.

;-)

Edited by EcsTaZe

I believe a perfect balance is 80% alkaline forming foods and 20% acidic forming.

B R E A T H E

My favourite girls Chlorella and Spirulina :D 

You need to include eggs but also exercises. What is the purpose of your diet? Do you just want to eat healthy food or lose weight? Now I follow low carb diet + running. I also decided to try non surgical butt lift as I have a pear-shaped body. I need to be ready for this summer vacation.

On 20/04/2018 at 6:48 PM, Quanty said:

My favourite girls Chlorella and Spirulina :D 

I also eat it, since 3 months :)

3 hours ago, Greys0n said:

You need to include eggs but also exercises. What is the purpose of your diet? Do you just want to eat healthy food or lose weight? Now I follow low carb diet + running. I also decided to try non surgical butt lift as I have a pear-shaped body. I need to be ready for this summer vacation.

Ok, for me it's the care about eating healthy food + a supplement to get 4-5 kg more with exercice

22 hours ago, EcsTaZe said:

I also eat it, since 3 months :)

Ok, for me it's the care about eating healthy food + a supplement to get 4-5 kg more with exercice

also you can get a personal trainer for a motivation