WHOAMI

How Can I Overcome My Fears?

30 posts in this topic

I don't really know what to do.

yes i am powerful guy, but i still can not look my fears in eyes. I know what fear is normal and it helps me and sometimes i think maybe i should not fight my fears maybe i have to do something different but i know one thing i really need to overcome them. i am meditating and i think it will help me but what you guys think?

i really need your help

You have to look your fears in the eyes.

I agree with the previous comment. If you really want to overcome a fear, you have to expose yourself to it over and over again.. Then it's only a matter of time when you're going to "break the ice" and release the fear. 

2 hours ago, WHOAMI said:

maybe i should not fight my fears maybe i have to do something different 

You could be right with this, because nobody of us is ment to correct all our weaknesses. Life is more about figuring out what your strenghts are and expanding those. You didn't mention what exactly your fear is (I'm sure that we could give better advice if you were more specific) but you have to ask yourself: is this really crippling you, is this something on which you currently really need to be working. If this fear directs the trajectory of your life, if it prevents you from growing and actualizing... you should definitely consider to take the iniciative on this. 

Depending on what your fear is, do the research and the work necessary to overcome it. :) 

Why do you say you are a powerful guy? You are not, unless you look your fears right into its eyes. If you cannot face your fears you have no power at all. No.

Without courage, you cannot face fear. Fear will never go away. Courage is your only solution. 

I can't to just look my fears in eyes. I just want to be unstoppable. off course i have face my fears but now i just can't do that. i'm trying to go there but sometime i think maybe i'm just lying myself?

17 hours ago, The Son said:

Why do you say you are a powerful guy? You are not, unless you look your fears right into its eyes. If you cannot face your fears you have no power at all. No.

I'm not going to discuss about this. i just know it and it just does not matter what you will tell me about this. 

What's your actual problem with facing your fears?

What will happen to you if you do?

What fears are you precisely talking about?

What's the result you are hoping for if you face your fears?

Do you really fear something or are you just overthinking?

@WHOAMI Don't we first have to define "face the fear"?

What does it mean? What does it mean for you?

For me it means stopping to ignore the feeling in my stomach, acknoledge and honor "it" and by doing so "it" doen't have any power anymore and "it" becomes a friend of mine: I feel it in me, sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker and I'm grateful for the warnings "it" gives me

@Anna

I don't know what will happen. "worst" is death i may die but i that's ok i'm not living anyway.

results? The will be huge. i will be happier,stronger and most important i will do what i have to do

@MartineF

Yeah that's really good strategy. i don't care about these feelings in stomach i'm not trying to be a fearless all i want is to don't stop. I want to just do everything what i have to do. i want to be unstoppable.

Fear needs thoughts, if you stay concentrated in your body, your feelings, it has no chances

and if you get fearless and you will (!!) it's the paradox of this "strategy"..

Nobody and nothing can stop you anymore..

You will be free even from the things you absolutely want know :D

correction : I meant "want now" sorry :| my english should be better..

@MartineF

Yeah i use that technique and it works for most fears but this... this is really hard for me.

What are your fears anyway? You want to be unstoppable and powerful but still you aren't even moving because you are stopped already. As you said yourself, you are not even living. So cut that bullshit, admit to yourself that with those fears you are going nowhere and stop pretending. Tell us what the fuck your fears are so we can help you better.

@The Son

I AM FUCKING MOVING BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE AM I GOING!

I see everyday people who are bullying some guys/girls they are not touching but i want to don't touch them too. I am alone and i can't win a fight but i am sure there is a way. i am sure i can do something.  

that's one of my fears :D there are lot

@The Son

Now can you help me? to be honest i know no one can help me but myself. i know that's all about me but now in my mind is a chaos.

@WHOAMI

Instead of pushing / pulling fear, look at it with curiosity. Like a child looks at a new toy. ;)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla

yes, i know that technique and it works pretty well.

I ask myself these questions:

how my fear feels?

where is it located?

sometimes i am not resisting and i am just relaxing my muscles.

But it's good when you are not doing anything and you are just in passive mode.

Just now, WHOAMI said:

But it's good when you are not doing anything and you are just in passive mode.

Keep doing that. In time, it will gain momentum and will become natural

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com