Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoless

Youtube earnings is based on countries?

10 posts in this topic

Does Youtube calculate your earnings based on which country do you leave in and where do you upload the videos from? Let's say someone from Asia who makes content in English will only be shown to Asian viewers? Do you have the same access and reach with american viewers if you live in Asia? 

Yes, YT changes your rates depending on you audience's origin, language, etc. Not everyone has the same reach.

Ask this type of question on YouTube forums, not here. Or Google it.

3 hours ago, Girzo said:

Not everyone has the same reach.

what do you mean? Can you elaborate on this more? 

The audience you're creating content for is what is important, not the location it's uploaded from - although google/youtube has a lot of complicated and mysterious algorithms, so I wouldn't be surprised if where you uploaded it from initially has some effect on ranking, but it is not a factor of concern.

Advertising costs vary depending on the demographic because of purchasing power and how often they buy. The CPC or cost per click of certain countries is going to be higher. Tier 1 countries would be America, Canada, Australia, UK and a handful of European countries. They typically have higher advertising payouts.

https://propellerads.com/blog/what-is-a-tier-of-traffic-and-what-tier-should-you-choose/

So if you lived in India and were creating content for your own countries market then you might earn $15 for 100k views where as if it was viewed predominantly by the US or tier 1 you might get $60. Those figured aren't reflective of any actual current rates though and your payouts will vary based on many variables.

Are you considering trying to create an income via youtube views? 

Because that's very rarely how it works. It will very likely be years of creating content before the payouts from youtube ads will start to supplement your income. And even then, that's only if your content is resonating with people, published consistently and you know how to market yourself.

You'll need to learn how to monetize in other ways.

Edited by Arman

11 hours ago, Arman said:

Are you considering trying to create an income via youtube views? 

No income from views is not my main concern. I am more concerned about whether I will have the same reach and ranking in let's say America if I live in EU or not. Even if I create my content in English and target American viewers. I want to have same opportunities as american Youtubers.

2 minutes ago, egoless said:

No income from views is not my main concern. I am more concerned about whether I will have the same reach and ranking in let's say America if I live in EU or not. Even if I create my content in English and target American viewers. I want to have same opportunities as american Youtubers.

In that case I'm pretty sure you you have nothing to worry about

what kind of content do you want to make?

2 minutes ago, Arman said:

In that case I'm pretty sure you you have nothing to worry about

what kind of content do you want to make?

Spiritual and PD

@egoless By saying that not everybody has the same reach I meant that, let's say for example you make content in English, but then market it in Asian countries and your views are only from Asia, then they will not necessarily boost your position in the USA as much as the views from Americans would do. It's not a important factor, though. You won't feel this effect if your viewers post comments in English, not their native language.

@Girzo But Let's say I live somewhere in Europe and I want to target my videos to American viewers. Will I have the same opportunities and ranking potential as my american youtube counterparts? 

@egoless Your asking a very nuanced question there is no concrete yes or no.

I think the point that @Girzo wants to make and the point that I fully stand behind is that: you should focus more on the niche and quality of content rather than the YouTube algorithm. At least when you're starting from scratch. 

If you focus on a specific market need aka niche and you create quality content with a good title and thumbnail you will rank. No matter what country your video is uploaded from.

Remember that the main goal of YouTube is to keep people on the site watching more videos. If your video keeps people on the site and coming back to the site YouTube will rank you high no matter what country you're from.