Key Elements

Is this video accurate for relationships today?

7 posts in this topic

Do you think this video is true for the majority of young people today who are seeking relationships (or even just slightly thinking of it)?

All comments are welcome.

6 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Do you think this video is true for the majority of young people today who are seeking relationships

Yes. Accurate AF

@Key Elements I think the biggest problem is people being in a relationship to fix their broken lifes. This creates broken relationships. I cant speak for the girls side of things, but as a guy we are not at all taught how to attract girls in an honest manner. Most guys fall into category "nice guy" or "player". Very few get the middle ground of confidence, honesty and inner work that are needed to attract girls and form healthy relationships with them. I myself fell into the nice guy category for a long time because that is what I was taught. Respect women, treat them nice and they will like you. That mindset actually creates bitterness and loneliness. The other side of the spectrum are the guys that get all the girls but are not able to form a healthy relationship with them. Both sides are equally dysfunctional. The work to get into the "golden middle" (at least for me) is really really tough. You have to relearn everything that you thought about girls and relationships and then you have to work immensely on yourself to be ready to implement that. Its one of the toughest things on my self actualization journey until now. Hell, I was immensely proud of myself when I was able to stutter out a "hey" in front of a cute girl I had never met before. But slowly I can see real progress. I know I can figure out how stuff works. But still, its tough. I could understand why most other guys would stay in their dysfunktional mindset. Sometimes I fall back into old patterns. But I will figure this out. Maybe I kind of fell off track on the initial theme, but this is what came to my mind watching that video. 

Bottom Line: Healthy Relationships are tough. People don't like tough things. 

@Shroomdoctor Sounds good. What you said sounds informative. Well, on my side, I am in a relationship (married). Over the years, what worked is two ppl being independent on many different things, esp emotionally independent. You can't depend on your spouse or anyone for this. The more independent you are the better. Then, both of you come together to work as a team and not give up. The more the couple can adjust and work this out, the better.