Viking

does kriya yoga have the same benefits as meditation?

6 posts in this topic

is kriya yoga the same as meditation but with faster results?

"Faster" will be determined by how  dedicated and determined you are  to want to realize Truth.  For me it was do or die,nothing less.
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled."

Kriya and meditation go hand in hand,but if you have to choose one over the other, proper meditation would be the practice to go with. Besides stimulating the kundalini, Kriya silences and prepares the mind for meditation. Kriya without meditating afterward can also cause an imbalance in the energy (kundalini),producing unwanted symptoms of energetic overload. Not fun.

So,to answer your question,doing both is the "fast track" to awakening. After a few months of steady,daily practice, start throwing in some self inquiry, and well...strap in cause it's just a matter of time. 

Edited by who chit

@who chit from my understanding kriya is you dont some exercises, then you have a concentration session of 5-20 minutes, while regular meditation is usually a lot of time just sitting.my question was whats the difference between them

Kriya invites you to a different world and approach to developing well being for yourself. It is more technical than normal meditation. It's hardly the same as normal mindfulness meditation since you use things other than your mind as well.

The results are a lot faster with kriya especially once the basics build up in I'd guess 3-4 months