Recursoinominado

Kundalini Yoga as a way to release trauma

12 posts in this topic

I am mostly referring to the kundalini book on Leo's list. He talked about the potential to this type of yoga release traumas (that are mostly stored in the body) and I am deeply interested in this as I am searching (for years) for a way to release past traumas that I am sure that affected negatively my life. I also do vipassana meditation (one retreat as student and one as server) and noticed how much stuff I need to purge. For some time I am noticing more and more my "shadow side" (like egoistic behaviors, compulsions, negative beliefs, etc) and this is making me worse every day  (at least this is how it feels like), mostly unconscious and automatic behaviors that I find almost impossible to override (would like some suggestions). 

Someone tried this kundalini yoga? Most people are giving attention only to kriya yoga, so I don't know. 

Also, I would like some opinions on this and how to release traumas. 

Burn all the books my padawan they will only block you further in another level of consciousness. 

Go BREATH! this is all you need, breathe as it is the last breath, consciously. 

Namaste, Mfks!

@Recursoinominado  I've been practicing Kundalini Kriya Yoga for the past 2 months and I can say it has released a lot of trapped emotions in my body. Sometimes when I'm in deep meditation and completely relaxed, I can feel something build up and it feels a little bit like I need to vomit. Then after I surrender to this urge, the emotion releases, my body relaxes and I shed a tear or two. So yes, I think Kriya Yoga is one of the most effective ways to release trauma.

20 hours ago, moon777light said:

you mentioned first sentence kundalini yoga but then in the last kriya yoga. which were talking about?

@SpaceCowboy  We are waiting for your answer ! >:(

2 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

@SpaceCowboy  We are waiting for your answer ! >:(

Seems like you definitely need some Kriya Yoga...

Yes, the technique I'm doing is actually called "Kundalini Kriya Yoga" according to the website of Jan Essmann (http://lovebliss.eu/how-to-meditate.html).

Apparently Kundalini Yoga/Kriya Yoga are similar or overlap. Both are meant to invite the Self, which manifests as Shakti, Kundalini, Love, Bliss etc.

Are any feelings coming up?  Can you feel energetic blockages within?

8 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Seems like you definitely need some Kriya Yoga...

Yes, the technique I'm doing is actually called "Kundalini Kriya Yoga" according to the website of Jan Essmann (http://lovebliss.eu/how-to-meditate.html).

Apparently Kundalini Yoga/Kriya Yoga are similar or overlap. Both are meant to invite the Self, which manifests as Shakti, Kundalini, Love, Bliss etc.

from me looking at kundalini on and off/researching it, yogi bhajan refers to a specific excerise as a "kriya". It has little to do with actual kriya yogurt. Kriya yoga is a separate school. 

On ‎01‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 6:12 PM, OEN said:

Are any feelings coming up?  Can you feel energetic blockages within?

Hm, I have a lot of muscle tension and I think it is because of blocked energy/emotion. After I have an emotional release (p.e. through meditation), I can instantly feel that my muscles relax deeply. And it seems like it works the other way round, too. Like if you relax your body and tense muscles deeply, the blocked emotion will come up and you can feel/work through it. This is the way the bodymind heals itself. Just be present and look inwards, then you will know what to do.

On ‎01‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 6:20 PM, moon777light said:

from me looking at kundalini on and off/researching it, yogi bhajan refers to a specific excerise as a "kriya". It has little to do with actual kriya yogurt. Kriya yoga is a separate school. 

Ok. I will check it out, thanks.

On 01/04/2018 at 5:20 PM, moon777light said:

actual kriya yogurt. 

Can I have some kriya yoghurt please? 

:ph34r: