WildeChilde

Martial Arts: How to Kickstart Your Journey

3 posts in this topic

Here's a few ways you might consider covering this topic:

History of Martial Arts in Europe and Especially in Asia- The asian/oriental arts often have a spiritual component to them that’s integral to understanding the entire discipline.

Various Modern Schools- Just like yoga and meditation, there are various styles that people of all ages and ability levels can benefit from.

Mindfulness and Living in the Present- Martial arts and especially the sparring component makes mindfulness, concentration, and living in the present a lot easily to learn.

How to Find the Right Teacher- Just like in the spiritual community, there are a lot of posers and teachers who run what’s called McDojos.  Finding the best teacher can make all the difference from my experience.

Bruce Lee- He is one of the few figures in the 20th century that I know of that self-actualized early.  He was and continues to remain an inspiration for the world. 

Also, from a personal standpoint, I've found this is one of the easiest ways to form quality friendships and relieve stress.  If you find the right dojo with the right people, it literally feels like a second family.

Anyways, here's a little taste of the martial arts world to get you started:

Edited by WildeChilde

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

Bro... Amazing  !  They got the mastery mindset... Holy Shit 

Edited by Ayilton
G