Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neo

Music in the mind

3 posts in this topic

Have you ever heard someone say they have a tune "stuck in their head". I was interested by this as it's something I experience.

When you try to analyse, "what is the source of the music?" the music stops.

Which either means concentration makes the music stop, or, the music can't be analysed without it stopping.

Either way, it's an interesting phenomena.

Secondly around the time the music stops, I have an inkling that it is the breath. Either the breath or the portion of brain controlling the rhythm of breath controls the imagined music or part thereof, so concentrating on breath also makes the music stop momentarily.

@cirkussmile~ turning the shining mind into thought to self-reflect on shining mind destroys potential. Just see and let it be.

It is mind. Observing is seeing. Spontaneous seeing is concentration. Concentration is cessation of random sensation: stopping, seeing.

Stopping and seeing; concentration and insight. When one reaches insight, let it go, or insight is damaged.

Observing stopping and seeing is the heart of the reformative practice of subtle observation— and beyond.

Just noting the contents of mental activity by mind itself clarifies mind itself.

The music stops. Seeing the music stop without stopping; without deliberation or effort, one arrives at open serenity again and again.

Staying here, there is no coming or going in the midst of delusion.

Delusion is all there is in terms of creation. Mind, uncreated, naturally obviates cloying incrementality without harming creation. One sees the flow without going along unawares. What more need be done?

Nice observation, Neo!

ed note: insert note to cirkussmile

Edited by deci belle

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa