Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2024 at 8:41 PM, Ayham said:

Any tips on actually feeling the cool and warm sensation up and down the spine during kriya pranayama?

I've seen somewhere that you can put the tip of your tongue ONLY behind your front teeth. Then, as you're inhaling, you will feel the cold air in your mouth/throat and that can aid in the sensation of the "cold stream rising". I've given it a try and it works! ONLY the tip though, the rest of the tongue should be resting on the floor of your mouth. Took this from Ryan Kurczak, a great Kriya Yoga YTber.

Can you actually learn how to practive through books? (or would videos be more useful, if anhyone's got recommandations)

I was considering A Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya

But it sounds quite heavy at almost 1000 pages and maybe all of this is not needed to get benefits from kriya practice

Also considering Kriya Secrets Revealed: Complete Lessons and Techniques which is less than half the pages and maybe as good as the other to learn useful basics?

@BojackHorseman

I like ennio nimis book the most, i dont like stevens, ennios book is available for free online.

After learning from ennios book and practicing for a few months, read santatagamanas books and practice that way, that's how i would do it

Question for experienced practitioners: How does kriya feel for you and what are the tangible benefits? Do you bathe in bliss or does it still your mind or what? I'm particularly interested in the power of pranayama for ya'll. I  think a lot of people think they are progressing when they start experiencing some interesting energetic phenomena, but it isn't actually real spiritual attainment. 

The road to God is paved with bliss.

5 hours ago, Ayham said:

@BojackHorseman

I like ennio nimis book the most, i dont like stevens, ennios book is available for free online.

After learning from ennios book and practicing for a few months, read santatagamanas books and practice that way, that's how i would do it

Reading this on his website :

"I wish to make clear that the book and video clips do not form a part of a Kriya manual! Certain techniques cannot simply be learned from a manual. There are delicate techniques such as Maha Mudra, Pranayama, Thokar and Yoni Mudra, which cannot be learned correctly without the help of an expert who needs to check their proper execution. "

Which is quite discouraging considering I'll never be able to find teachers where I live

That being said, he's just saying "certain techniques" tho, so maybe I can still learn some kind of basics and get benefits

1 hour ago, BojackHorseman said:

I wish to make clear that the book and video clips do not form a part of a Kriya manual!

This is true for all kriya books. I think kriya can be taught from books but no one has made a manual with good enough pedagogics. You have to be smart to get it right. Ennio's book is as good as they come tho, so go with it.

Remember this lesson: Feeling good is your north star in all energy work. That's how you measure your success with a technique.

The road to God is paved with bliss.