PhilGR

Dopamine supplementation

7 posts in this topic

Is there anyone taking Dopamine supplemets . Is it helpful for good students with heavy and complex programm?How you feel?

this article outta give you some insight 

https://bebrainfit.com/increase-dopamine/

On a personal note, taking n-a- tyrosine, while listening to my favorite music, while walking outside on a sunny day, are some of the happiest moments I have had in my entire life. Doesn't work every single time though.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Mucuna Pruriens, Matcha(L-theanine) can help, Herbs like Tulsi, Rhodiola, Ashwagandha and possibly raw cacao.

Daily exercise, sunshine and abundance of fruits and vegetables to balance receptors like bananas, kiwi fruits are excellent.

https://bebrainfit.com/dopamine-supplements/

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

You shouldn’t need to take an unnatural substance to experience good feelings. 75% of dopamine is produced in your gut. If you eat the right foods and have a healthy gut you’ll feel high all the time. 

1 hour ago, Slade said:

You shouldn’t need to take an unnatural substance to experience good feelings. 75% of dopamine is produced in your gut. If you eat the right foods and have a healthy gut you’ll feel high all the time. 

Well said. Although natural herbs are fine to start things off if the condition is more serious then once you get back to balance slowly use less and less and then just eat normally. Whole nutrient rich foods :) Very good point on gut health, healthy gut has a big role in brain function. Probiotics like fermented vegetables or yogurt are awesome to consume daily. I also hear Artichoke has probiotic properties.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Slade I know I am just asking , I am doing a very complete diet as an atlhete I am and really happy person(only 16) so I guess I don't need it much, I was guessing that it could help on mental focus or extented motivation. But I think my father should take that he is so depressed with his  stressful job( typical  company office worker) and he lately doesn't find anything meaningful to do , he seems he have lost his motivation.

On 17/03/2018 at 7:57 AM, Slade said:

well said !

@PhilGR you should be very ,very careful with substances stimulating the reward pathway in brain. These types of medications are prescribed to psychiatric patients but they block the natural production of these neurotransmitters and it is extremely difficult to get of it. These people often end up on heroine or other street drugs that do not require prescription because the withdrawal is pure hell. 

To help your father, try to get him more physically active and also to clean up his diet. As it was already said, that plays a huge part. Help him to find a new exciting hobby or spend more time together. Introducing him to Leo's meditation video could help as well. Perhaps watch it together :) 

good luck !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus