Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sahil Pandit

The 90 year old man/woman challenge

6 posts in this topic

This is an open challenge to anyone who would like to test their will power, patience, and level of neuroticism.

Rule:

Every action you do (For 1 whole day) must be done, as if you were a 90 year old man/woman.

MEANING, you must walk as slow as you possibly can (deliberately) as well as open doors, close doors, grab objects, move your body, read a book, type, everything!

I will be documenting this starting first thing in the morning! The goal is to develop concentration and intention with every passing second.

Good luck my friends :)

(Slow, mindful, deliberate, action)

If you're really committed, you'll call up a family member and ask them how to use facebook 

Most internal friction/mind chatter stops the second you freeze into stillness.

"Stopping on a Dime" - What Shinzen Young refers to using your awareness to pull you into your sensory field. No matter what you are thinking.

Observing a lot of bodily tension, especially in the abdomen.

Breathing is not consistent and could be improved. 

Sensations could be labeled 100x more than what i am currently experiencing (Leos retreat videos help with this) 

The only pitfall of labelling sensations is if it strengthens/solidifies the subtle identity of "labeller," keeping the mind in a dualistic, sense-object mode of experience.

My grandmother at 90 walked and talked faster than me :P

All jokes aside this is good technique as Matt Kahn would say relax into life, walk as if you don't want to disturb the earth sleeping :)

B R E A T H E