Alexandru

Further explanation required

6 posts in this topic

I keep hear Leo saying that death is required to fully grasp the truth. I have tried to get my head around this idea and I have started to conduct more research. Can someone explain to me what death really means in this context without using any metaphors or fancy words?

Edited by Alexandru

I've written about this before in some other post, but it's obviously, as you can imagine, not physical death that is required - don't commit suicide!xDWhat is meant is the death of the particular you that you think you currently are, it's the you that thinks he's the active observer of reality or the doer of anything specific. There is no separate you that exists along many other "you-s" and "I-s", that's a complete fiction and a story we like to tell ourselves. The real you that you will come to discover is pure consciousness. As consciousness you cannot die as you've never been born in the first place. There is no defined beginning or end to consciousness as it is infinite and boundless. The way in which you experience the sensation of "I am" is the same that I experience - it's the same consciousness. Therefore, there are no real boundaries and that's what gets us non-duality. "You" and "I" is the same in terms of our existential foundation - but of course in regards to grammar and as pronouns, they're different distinctions again, as they have to be. 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@DocHoliday 

2 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

Not physical death that is required - don't commit suicide!xD

That is actually helpful as I have had this idea on my last LSD trip. I couldn`t understand what that means and this thought crossed my mind. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Alexandru Decades of work and or psychedelics. 

I believe this is the part of the research I am conducting. Psychedelics can be a powerful tool only for those who know what are doing. The ideas that you hear from various sources can be easily misinterpreted especially when you`re tripping. 

years of conditioning and the taboo of death that is going on in our society has stopped you, me and are stopping millions of kids from contemplating death. If thought about carefully you cannot comprehend death because all you can create is ideas about emptiness, hell, or heaven. Now all of those things could be found in your direct experience in the present moment, but you believe you're this thing, this body which doesn't exist. Your whole life is grounded upon death.

Death looks like the back of your head when you're not looking at it.   - Me