DocHoliday

Dreams that Feel as Real as "Reality"

4 posts in this topic

This thread will be somewhat explicit in its content but I'm going to tell you about it anyways, since that's what "I " have experienced.
So, last night I had this dream where I was in a hotel room with an old (female) friend of mine from 10th grade. It somehow developed to the point where we were laying in bed, naked, and had sex. So far so good, but the crazy part about it was that I actually had all the sensations of touch throughout the dream even though "In real life" I've never even really touched her the whole time we were in school together, let alone ever seeing her naked, which also occurred in the dream.

I obviously didn't have active control over anything as it was "just a dream" and I was somehow just the spectator of everything but her behaviour and my behaviour were exactly the same as they were/are "in real life", as far as I can remember hers and how she was back then. I've had these types of dreams a couple times before and in some it even felt like I was actually self-conscious and knew that I was dreaming inside the dream. I know that this is defined as lucid dreaming I think, but everytime I have dreams like that it really wakes you up again, so to say, that all of this, all that we like to call "reality" and "real life" is also nothing but a dream essentially, only that it feels more "persistent", "solid" and "true".

I'd be very curious to hear from you guys about similar experiences you've had in this regard.

Edited by DocHoliday
Reason for Edit: Grammar

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Yes! I think we need to stop thinking of it as a separate, "dreamed up" reality, and more of a continuation of the one we experience while awake.  What's to say that it wasn't real, or wan't true?

I guess you could call the person up, or facebook them, and they would say, no, that they did not have the same experience as you, therefore it was not true or real. But who gives a shit? Perhaps her consciousness was there, she just doesn't remember it. There's no way to prove that right or wrong.  Even if she said she was awake studying for exams at the exact time you were dreaming doesn't prove it. I think consciousness can split off like that, even when we are awake. Either way, it happened to "you", to "Doc Holiday". It made you feel something. Probably changed you in subtle or not so subtle ways already.  

Yes I have experienced sexual dreams ( I don't have them very often actually) where the full sensation of touch, and even sex, is all there. Sometimes it feels even better than "real life", because the ego's influence is lowered, and all the emotions are heightened. 

3 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

This thread will be somewhat explicit in its content but I'm going to tell you about it anyways, since that's what "I " have experienced.
So, last night I had this dream where I was in a hotel room with an old (female) friend of mine from 10th grade. It somehoe developed to the point where we were laying in bed, naked, and had sex. So far so good, but the crazy part about it was that I actually had all the sensations of touch throughout the dream even though "In real life" I've never even really touched her the whole time we were in school together, let alone ever seeing her naked, which also occurred in the dream.

I obviously didn't have active control over anything as it was "just a dream" and I was somehow just the spectator of everything but her behaviour and my behaviour were exactly the same as they were/are "in real life", as far as I can remember hers and how she was back then. I've had these types of dreams a couple times before and in some it even felt like I was actually self-conscious and knew that I was dreaming inside the dream. I know that this is defined as lucid dreaming I think, but everytime I have dreams like that it really wakes you up again, so to say, that all of this, all that we like to call "reality" and "real life" is also nothing but a dream essentially, only that it feels more "persistent", "solid" and "true".

I'd be very curious to hear from you guys about similar experiences you've had in this regard.

Enlightenment :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@starsofclay Thanks for the reply:)
@Shin Hah, good one...xD

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!