PsiloPutty

Question for Leo and others who video themselves...

6 posts in this topic

It occurred to me that doing periodic videos of oneself would likely be an excellent way to become more confident in social situations. Whether or not the videos are watched by anyone other than themselves, it safely puts a person in the spotlight as it adds a little more perceived pressure to the activity than just talking to oneself in front of the mirror or whatever. 

What's your take on using this activity as a self-help modality for people who currently consider themselves shy or introverted?

Dern, I meant to put this in the self-actualization section. 

Edited by PsiloPutty

It depends on the thoughts. You can have positive thoughts - confidence or negative thoughts - low-confidence.

That’s true, it would have had its place in the self-actualisation thread. But other than that, I think it’s a really great method for introverted or shy people to come out of themselves, since it’s a technique that revolves around self-confrontation which is filled with a lot of essential extroverted characteristics and traits. I’m currently facing this myself to some degree because I’ve always been kinda uncomfortable listening to my own voice, so I decided to record myself singing and getting better at singing because it really puts me in touch with hearing my own voice and getting comfortable with it. 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!