Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoless

My LP is split into two

7 posts in this topic

So at this point I have created my LP statement. But everyday I look at it and want to change. Basically I am not sure whether I want to pursue Enlightenment and dedicate my life to Enlightening people in the process. Or I want to pursue entrepreneurship and helping people in that domain. The thing is I don’t believe anymore that Enlightenment is the only right way. I think it is not for everyone and promoting it blindly to everyone just does not resonate with me anymore. How should you become sure what’s your LP? I am still shaking and not sure... however, I am sure what my 10 values (freedom being top) are and what my zone of genius is (big-picture thinking)... I just struggle to stick with one LP statement. There is inner conflict within me everytime...

Edited by egoless

23 minutes ago, egoless said:

There is inner conflict within me everytime...

Inner conflict is the creative force of growth. You transcend yourself by seeing how conflicting perspectives are actually one.
By committing to recognizing enlightenment of ordinary, everyday, people you effectively surround yourself with enlightened people.
There is no difference between them being enlightened and you seeing them as such. 
There is nothing stopping you from pursuing entrepreneurship and enlightening others at the same time if you accept this. 

I'm not too familiar with life purpose course, but here is my second advice:
Why does "life purpose" have to be something constant throughout your life?
If it doesn't have to be constant, then what is the correct constness period? Does it have to be a year, or can it be a day? Or a minute?

If you would commit 100% to what you are doing every minute of your life, you would become an outstanding person even if your LP would change every minute. It's called multitasking :)

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

7 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Inner conflict is the creative force of growth. You transcend yourself by seeing how conflicting perspectives are actually one.
By committing to recognizing enlightenment of ordinary, everyday, people you effectively surround yourself with enlightened people.
There is no difference between them being enlightened and you seeing them as such. 
There is nothing stopping you from pursuing entrepreneurship and enlightening others at the same time if you accept this. 

I'm not too familiar with life purpose course, but here is my second advice:
Why does "life purpose" have to be something constant throughout your life?
If it doesn't have to be constant, then what is the correct constness period? Does it have to be a year, or can it be a day? Or a minute?

If you would commit 100% to what you are doing every minute of your life, you would become an outstanding person even if your LP would change every minute. It's called multitasking :)

But whole purpose of LP is that you are 100% committed to it. If you dabble and jump around everyday you won't become world class in what you are doing. And in a sense I agree with that. persistence is the key to success. World only gives you back if you have mastered something and contribute in your own unique way...

18 minutes ago, egoless said:

If you dabble and jump around everyday you won't become world class in what you are doing.

Dabbling and jumping around for your whole life is a world-class performance in itself.
By introducing stability via the LP course, you are effectively admitting that you can't even do that!

18 minutes ago, egoless said:

But whole purpose of LP is that you are 100% committed to it.

Commitment is not determined by the amount of time you do something it in a streak, but how much are you willing to gamble on it.
Commitment is intensity, not duration. You are committed to saving a person if you are willing to sacrifice your life for that person. It doesn't matter how long it took you. You can be committed to saving a child in a burning building, or to saving a person having cancer.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

13 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Dabbling and jumping around for your whole life is a world-class performance in itself.
By introducing stability via the LP course, you are effectively admitting that you can't even do that!

Commitment is not determined by the amount of time you do something it in a streak, but how much are you willing to gamble on it.
Commitment is intensity, not duration. You are committed to saving a person if you are willing to sacrifice your life for that person. It doesn't matter how long it took you. You can be committed to saving a child in a burning building, or to saving a person having cancer.

You can't save person from cancer if you are not a master surgeon... See almost every successful person who has ever lived and achieved something great was committed to something and was master of his work... Point to anyone who has done otherwise and was successful in his life...

3 minutes ago, egoless said:

You can't save person from cancer if you are not a master surgeon...

There is no reason to go through chemotherapy if there is no reason to live.
Holding your loved one's hand and cleaning his/her vomit for a five years is as much of a commitment as sitting through med school.
Committing to seeing through chemotherapy is not a decision that is made in the past, but a one that has to be made each morning when you look in the mirror, unsure, whether you are saving your wife's life or wasting your own.

Same problem for me here, just read a book it said.

When we say "Yes" to some opportunity or project or activity, the choice requires dying to other options.

What I learned from this quote is that it is not really important what you choose because with enough time you will reach expertise. But in your mind you like the fantasy of being both at the same time. You like the vision of both but you can't really be both at the same time or one path will suffer because of the other. I solved my split by looking at the reasons for which I wanted to do the one or the other. Film or Entrepreneurship In IT. Came to the conclusion that the only reason I had the other option was because I knew it was possible. I'm already in IT and Film required me to give that up. But film is the thing I really believe in so that is why I chose that one.

Journaling is a great way to uproot beliefs I did it a lot even after the course until I finally came to a decision. I don't know your position but maybe you're stuck because of fear of failure or some other reason. Remember that after 15 years in a field you will reach mastery. a lot of people switch from field at around age 40/45 because of that. 15 years of fulltime deliberate practice is world class.

I hope this helps somehow, success.