Paul EMD

How To Become A Better Teacher ?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I want to improve my teaching skills, do you guys know any good ressources/methods to study ?

Here are a few examples of what I mean:

• Learning to use metaphors & analogies to help visualize and understand complex concepts
  • Using the Socratic Method (I remember mentioning this method, any ressource on that?)
  • Using all senses to teach (hearing, seeing, feeling ...)
  • Improving vocal skills to change rhythm, speed, depth in order to keep the attention and trigger various emotions
  • Learning to ask good questions to help people reflect on concepts

Any books you guys recommend? 

Thanks !

I will send you some notes on a book I read by Dale Carnegie. 

Dm me your email :) 

There are a lot of sources for how you can increase your skills and knowledge to become a better teacher who can know the answers to possible questions and can be a good role model. But one thing that comes to my mind while remembering my teachers in the past is that the best ones for me were the ones who took time to understand their students. Not just being passionate and caring towards them, but amazingly understanding their potentials and how to trigger them to get the best out of the lessons given. I remember I had this Math teacher in middle school, she was mostly disliked/hated by students but years later we all appreciated her being straight forward about what she thought we were lacking. 

@Paul EMD Not the popular nor pragmatic suggestion, but have you listened to any Abraham Hicks? Ester only speaks to the person / audience, as teachers. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

By profession I'm a bilingual teacher. I didn't learn teaching through books. I picked it up through practice. The thing that helped me before I taught in a classroom was a public speaking class in my university. When I joined networking, I saw a lot of startups (businesses looking for funding) pitching (business term for public speaking).