Xin

The best ways of learning

6 posts in this topic

Since Leo releases a lot of very deep and profound topics, learning them all may be a bit of a struggle.

Life is too short to learn things ineffectively, What are your recommendations on learning techniques? both for theory and practical things

also how long do you think I should spend studying, I've heard of the mastery rule (10000 hours) which is 3 hours a day, but I want to hear your views on this.

First question should always be: what do I love and what do I want to contribute with?

Then we have all the time in the world to learn. Passion seems more important than techniques

@cirkussmile true true, I have many passions, but there are more effective ways of learning like recalling instead of rereading. You're right though we do have all the time in the world to learn ;)

Just try to understand them and repeat it after you understand it

Hi @Xin

Thanks for publishing this Important topic, I will follow this topic, and I hope We will find new techniques and theories about learning here,

If anyone have a valuable information about this topic, please share it here ...

I know some brilliant individuals who could only manage failing grades in school because of their psychological makeup. I'm referring to people who lean towards various characteristics of autism (such as myself~ not that I'm particularly brilliant).

I was fortunate enough to have sported a "photographic memory" when I was younger~ but I have since run out of film-- hehe.

My point is that people have different needs in terms of assimilating "learning".

For example, I cannot for the life of me understand the science behind guitar amp design, and it took me two years just to get the relationship down relative to output transformers and speaker impedance matching (it is not complicated at all)— it also took me about the same amount of time to know beyond any doubt, that the way to bleed power capacitors to avoid instant death was, in fact, beyond doubt .

I can only learn through direct experience. Verbal/diagrametric examples are excruciatingly tedious for me, so I end up re-writing and redrawing them in the process of exacting the proof-of-experience relative to the intended message of the original technical manual's written content.

My writing-style is directly derivative of this need for a clarity and precision through vocabulary and contextual construction (if anybody had noticed)…

The best I can offer is that there is no "best way to learn" for everybody. It's part of the learning process itself.

ed note: re-work 4th paragraph

Edited by deci belle

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa