Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shin

Nose/breathing problem

10 posts in this topic

I can't breath from both nostrils at the same capacity.

There is always one that is functioning at 75% minimum, if not 90% (the other 25/10%).

It's not the same side everytime, it can change very easily throughout the day.

It's also difficult for me to take really long breath in, and especially breath out, even though it's way better than 1 year ago.

Is there anything that can be done here ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin  

Are you allergic to anything? Usually this is the most common cause of rhinitis and swelling of nasal mucosa. 

For me, my dustmite allergies are a cause of having very similar condition to you nearly all the time. Haven't figured out a way to treat it yet. There are some breathing exercises that have definitely helped. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

11 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

@Shin  

Are you allergic to anything? Usually this is the most common cause of rhinitis and swelling of nasal mucosa. 

For me, my dustmite allergies are a cause of having very similar condition to you nearly all the time. Haven't figured out a way to treat it yet. There are some breathing exercises that have definitely helped. 

Yeah, to timothy grass, from june to september.

We're in march though ?

God is love

And God in them

33 minutes ago, Shin said:

I can't breath from both nostrils at the same capacity. ... It's not the same side everytime, it can change very easily throughout the day.

This is actually very normal, at least I remember a joga teacher saying so.

I also have some issues with breathing through my nose though, I feel like its stuffed all the time, although not running.  Could be partly allergy, oh yeah. 

@Shin there is a book called "oxygen advantage" from an Irish author. There are some parts on nose unblocking and proper breathing. Hard to say if this would fix your problem. Have a look on amazon reviews :) 

I've been doing those in the past when I suffered from Asthma and I believe this in combination with plant based diet got me rid of it. I noticed that during those exercises my nose usually got unblocked temporarily. Perhaps if I stuck to them, it would have been fixed by now. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

@Shin there is a book called "oxygen advantage" from an Irish author. There are some parts on nose unblocking and proper breathing. Hard to say if this would fix your problem. Have a look on amazon reviews :) 

I've been doing those in the past when I suffered from Asthma and I believe this in combination with plant based diet got me rid of it. I noticed that during those exercises my nose usually got unblocked temporarily. Perhaps if I stuck to them, it would have been fixed by now. 

Thank you ☺

@Elisabeth

@InfinitePotential

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

This is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about!  I second the Oxygen Advantage recommendation.

As for difficulties with long breaths in and out, maybe you just need to increase your lung capacity?  Exercise (especially aerobic) should be very helpful.  Also Cordyceps mushroom is INCREDIBLY effective for improving lung functioning, and breathing.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Awaken the body with the attention to red/tail until you reach black/feet

Walk in nature more often

Go to a sauna or use the heat of your tea kettle to unblock nose

Do breath meditation

Try breathing teas 

Do breathing exercises

Research online how to free nose