Paulo Barbosa

How to let go?

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I recently took 5meo-DMT and was able to go through the gates and experience the state of oneness.

However that came with a price... I had to die first.

I fought the feeling of losing control and took me a while before I finally surrendered.

The thing is, after the experience passed some sort of channel got open as result and now I am able to relax to a point where a similar type of experience kicks in.

But because the experience was not only beautiful but also very traumatising, I usually get afraid and the sequence gets stopped before it truly starts.

However, there were a few times where I am able to ease it up at the beginning.

Then what happens is that I feel again that I am dying (not to be confused with a panic attack, which I sometimes have but on different occasions) and through fear I eventually break the sequence.

I am practicing not to get overly identified with anything in my life so I can surrender when I have such an experience but it's not working out.

I still carry a big fear and anxiety and getting to a place of no preference is still a bit of a pipe dream.

So my question is, how can I let go of fear (gradually or not) so I can start to experience the eternal without the use of any external substance?

There is no way back for me. All I want now is to be able to re-connect with that that lies beyond space and time and through it break the chains of suffering.

Thank you so much for your input!

Paulo

50 minutes ago, Paulo Barbosa said:

So my question is, how can I let go of fear (gradually or not) so I can start to experience the eternal without the use of any external substance?

You let go of it by seeing that you are not in a position where there is any fear to let go of.

In order to be in a position, location or situation, you believe you are in it, don't you? Is this not the case with where you think/believe you are now, ie a human on earth?

Well, just don't be (put yourself) in that (mental) position. It is as easy as that.

You put yourself in a (mental) position by going into thought about it. All positions are mental ones are they not?

1 hour ago, Paulo Barbosa said:

I am practicing not to get overly identified with anything in my life so I can surrender when I have such an experience but it's not working out.

I am not surprised. All that you do as a thought-to-be-person in a thought-to-be-world is of no help. At best it may loosen some of those thoughts about yourself that you are attached to, ie that you believe in.

However if you see/understand/know that the only way that you can be anywhere is by thinking you are there and believing you are there, ie in that thought... then you obviously just take no notice of that thought, or don't think it, then there is no need for anything to be surrendered or to work out is there?

@dorg Thank you very much for your answer.

I believe I know what you are saying, even though it is still an intellectual grasp an therefore of no real value.

In the matrix movie they say: "do not try to bend the spoon... it is impossible... instead just realise the truth... there is no spoon."

This is more or less the gist of it right? That trying to let go of fear is just another layer of control?

Edited by Paulo Barbosa

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Paulo Barbosa That’s good to hear. ? It’s so worthwhile. Down right fucking awesome. 

progress usually takes time doe

@Ether Letting go of beliefs - the false identity - takes exactly as long as the believer believes. The Truth is unconditionally patient. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, Paulo Barbosa said:

@dorg Thank you very much for your answer.

I believe I know what you are saying, even though it is still an intellectual grasp an therefore of no real value.

In the matrix movie they say: "do not try to bend the spoon... it is impossible... instead just realise the truth... there is no spoon."

This is more or less the gist of it right? That trying to let go of fear is just another layer of control?

You are asking what to think/believe are you not? And you want to know this in order to extract yourself from thought/belief? How could this possibly work?

Just observe how thought pulls you in to a world of belief.

You guys are amazing!

I got all the answers I could wish for.

Now it goes down to me "doing" the work.

Thank you so much for your pearls of wisdom.