A way to Actualize

Occupation After Enlightenment

18 posts in this topic

I was wondering if music still would be a high conscious thing to do. Most music lies towards distraction/amusement what does not attract me. Emotional support to people that feel powerless or angry would be more conscious. 

Artists can fall in the trap of thinking that their sense of value is dependend on how well the play their instrument, what they have made musically, the concept they made up for their band, number of listeners etc...

My values have changed alot over the course of a half year. At first it was making the biggest/coolest riff that exists, but that is really chasing something that would make you feel better about your identity. Than it became about creating. Now it is expressing a level of awareness of the authentic self.

Music also can bring joy. 

In an egoïc sense I still want to experience how it is to present your music to a big audience live. And to see a collective vibing with the expression played.

But if one realizes and integrates the nature of their own being. Is the enlightened one always attracted to have an outer purpose to become a spiritual teacher? I don't know any enlightened musician in existence, I think they are not well known. 

All members of popular rockbands turn out to be kind of neurotic. Green day, blink-182, Red Hot Chillipeppers etc. They do drinking and become musicians as a replacement for the love/freedom/attention they did not get earlier. I see no real connection when big rockbands play live, mostly ego. 

It would be really cool to be in a band that compliments eachothers expression, with the effect that you see live a deep connection between the members.

Is there a risk that the music totally becomes abandoned? (second question)

Enlightened perspective on music:

Edited by A way to Actualize

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

There are lot of artists that are "spiritual". For example former lead guitarist of RHCP is deeply into meditation, as are members of Incubus. Serj Tankian from SOAD, Billy Corgan, Rick Rubin, Alanis Morisette are all more or less friends with Ken Wilber. And Ross Robinson, the famous producer, is even the son of Byron Katie.

And there are also famous spiritual musicians, for example Deva Premal & Miten.

26 minutes ago, Toby said:

For example former lead guitarist of RHCP is deeply into meditation, as are members of Incubus. Serj Tankian from SOAD, Billy Corgan

John is indead doing now solo work, he is also deep into spirituality.

Billy Corgan is definitely living in 4d cosciousness, as Frusciante. Ofcourse everyone knows Billy has still a big ego, but I like the Pumpkins.

In Serj Tankians place there is still music with the presence of anger, that would mean no enlightenment.

To be involved with spirituality, man can still be involved with making music. Speaking of 4d consciousness.

But I do not know of this is the case with 5d consciousness. When the illusion of egoïc free will becomes divine will, there is none I seem to notice involved with practice of music.

39 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

Now as far as I know he doesn't do any gigs, he's not a rockstar or anything like that. He just plays and records his stuff at home, and sells some cd's on a small scale via the website (again as far as I know, but I don't know too much). And he also happens to be a teacher, I think that's his primary income. So anyway, all of this to say, nothing is necessarily excluded.

I do not know for sure if he is enlightened, I think he is really close to it. In his case he has studied and learnt from masters for a long time. In his video's he has a certain presence to him.

But it is still unkown if 5d cosciousness beings could be full-time musicians. If someone knows a being like that for sure?

Thanks all for the post btw.

Musicians that I consider awake or at least highly conscious: Jarrah, Steven Walters, Janin Devi, Deva Premal. There are many many examples.

8 hours ago, Toby said:

What about Leonard Cohen or George Harrison? Both famous. Both highly spiritual.

and enlightened ones? There are enough 4d consciousness artist. I am talking about 5d consciousness artist.

Art in general is a very powerful trigger for people (positive or negative). When there's no triggering left and no person for that matter, it's kinda logical that there's no mirroring of it either. It can of course still be enjoyed. :) 

I used to use music to trigger stuck negative emotions that I could feel were there but too stubborn to come out (completely). Now, I'm kinda like a surfer on its waves.. :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

5 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Art in general is a very powerful trigger for people (positive or negative). When there's no triggering left and no person for that matter, it's kinda logical that there's no mirroring of it either. It can of course still be enjoyed

Music is not only mirroring of emotions or vibes. 

But that makes a clear point that no enlightened being ever is a musician? Every enlightened being does nothing all day or teaches spirituality?

Just now, A way to Actualize said:

Music is not only mirroring of emotions or vibes. 

But that makes a clear point that no enlightened being ever is a musician? Every enlightened being does nothing all day or teaches spirituality?

I was merely pointing that on one side it CAN BE a mirror, on the other side it is an expression....a flow with.... a dance... a mingling and a melting :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

The fear of us no longer being a certain way, or appreciating something, is hilariously absurd, if you think about it. From your current perspective, you're afraid you'll no longer care for something. But when you no longer care, there isn't a problem. 

It's like if I were to say: thank god I am straight, women are so much more attractive than men. You see how that works?

Edited by Markus
grammatical error

@Markus really, really good answer. This helps me alot. I found today that I do not really care about a lot of things that I used to hold on too.

what does it look like more from your perspective:

I am afraid to not be occupied with being a life coach anymore when I am enlightened. (life purpose at level of consciousness)

or

I am afraid not sense the respect/emotional spikes I get anymore when I am enlightened. (Identification)

or

I am afraid not to see the beauty of a painting I like when I am enlightened. (bullshit)

Would standing on a stage still give you goosebumps you get from the overflowing mass and the beauty of that. That ultimate significance. Would that be ego? Would enlightened beings still experience that?

I never experienced it, but is it only experienced in ego and would I miss something when I am enlightened.

11 minutes ago, A way to Actualize said:

Would standing on a stage still give you goosebumps you get from the overflowing mass and the beauty of that. That ultimate significance. Would that be ego? Would enlightened beings still experience that?

it still is an experience within the experiencing of bliss.... :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

8 minutes ago, Ayla said:

it still is an experience within the experiencing of bliss.... :)

kind of vague answer. Does not really answer anything.

1 minute ago, A way to Actualize said:

kind of vague answer. Does not really answer anything.

Can you find an answer that really answers something? :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

2 hours ago, Ayla said:

Can you find an answer that really answers something? :D 

That sort of answers don't help me on this forum. Someone in ego trying to talk like a guru. May someone else answer in a not abstract way. I wish you joy Ayla.

Ask yourself if what you say, is the same what you would say to a person in day to day life.

Edited by A way to Actualize

In the words of an ancient Eastern adage: " Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. after enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. " This is from the book, Mastery, the keys to success and long term fulfillment by George Leonard. According to him, life itself is an adventure and that destinations will appear in the distance will be achieved and left behind, and still the path will continue. And it is our destiny to learn and to keep on learning as long as we live. That nothing in this life is "commonplace" nothing "inbetween".

It has been only a few days since I started meditating and going on this path to spirituality. (I peeped into Leo Gura's meditation videos while going through his other videos.) This book has kept me grounded on what to expect along the way and what afterwards - Enlightenment itself will appear, will be achieved ( if ever! ) and left behind and still our paths will continue in the same way as before

Edited by shash