Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vipassana

Dream Journals?

4 posts in this topic

stopped smoking weed before sleep so i've had intense dreams for about a week i've been writing my dreams on my common place. I haven't been aware of my dreams for about 3-4 years.  I've heard that dreams can give a lot of insights and vision if interpreted correctly. Any of you guys have a dream journal? If so have you gotten better at remembering dreams and is it easier to access lucid dreams? just wondering ;) happy now!

@Vipassana  I have heard that pot  is supposed to hinder, good job! Yes, back when my dreams weren't trauma blocked I loved dream journals, and I have some to look back on now and remember how cool dreaming was... It's like we get 2 lives, and at least one is totally limitless...although they both come close....lol...so why not document it...it helps with recall too....mugwort is supposed to be awesome for dreaming :) Sweet dreams! 

@Vipassana Haha in my egos infinite laziness, I never was able to get into dream journaling full time, but I do write down really good dreams every now and then. However, one of my employees is big into dreaming, so we tell our dreams to each other every day at work. I've noticed that my recall is much better, plus my actual presence in the dream. I usually dream about 1-3 long or short dreams per night! I don't recall every bit of every one, but it its definitely a noticeable difference.

Also, i smoke pot every day (very tiny threshold amount) and usually before bed. Although before we started telling dreams at work, I trained myself to dream with pot by recalling every detail i could when waking up. Sometimes you have to lay there for a while and think really hard, and it hits you like an epiphany. Sometimes it hits in the shower, or while meditating. 

I do get lucid every now and then, but one problem i am still having, perhaps it's the pot, is my dreams ego gets so caught up in the storyline that even if it notices a dream sign, it completely ignores it, or it just becomes part of the story. 

Yep, I use Cintanotes for tags, and dates.

I've done that on and off for years.

First I write on paper at night with a pocket flashlight, then at the end of the week I report in the software.

Great insights can come from dreams, I would say it's you (differents parts of yourselfs) incarnations, or guides, helping itslef.

They can show you stuff directly to you, according to your current situation in life. It's always pertinent.

Lastly I had a dream where I was lying on a beach, grasping sand in my hands. I was crying (feeling very emotional) it was all the emotions I had repressed the past few years. During the day I can remember of this state, even weeks later, as an anchor to remember who I was. The state we are in the "waking state" is not the default state.